40hp DRZ or 30hpWr250x

Been debating this. An exhaust, intake, jettted or programmer on either bike is good for about 40hp on the drz and 30hp on the wr. Now with that being said what would be more worth while in buying. I used to love the wr to death but recently for some odd reason the potential of makeing a drz 50hp is appealing. But ive been looking at craigslist lately and drz's seem to be a bit cheaper, allowing that 50hp dream to be a tad bit closer.:ride: Any imput is much appreciated. Thank you.

**And I blame this picture for wanting me to get a drz. I dont know why, But I love it. Definetly like the 08' White/blue

282kdpu.jpg

Ive never been a DRZ fan, but that one there is sweet looking. Reminds me of the GSXR paint scheme they used like 2 years back

Ive never been a DRZ fan, but that one there is sweet looking. Reminds me of the GSXR paint scheme they used like 2 years back

Yea I thought they were hideous at first. Some people just go all out with safari 5 gallon tanks and lights and cant pick what color they want. Just god awful looking:eek:

drz's seem to be a bit cheaper, allowing that 50hp dream to be a tad bit closer.:ride:.
Been debating this. An exhaust, intake, jettted or programmer on either bike is good for about 40hp on the drz and 30hp on the wr. Now with that being said what would be more worth while in buying.

Husqvarna 610sm ?

:ride:

Husqvarna 610sm ?

Not a big husky fan, Not that their not great bikes. But I cant say Ive ever seen one or a dealer ever.:ride:

If you plan on making a 50hp DRZ you may as well go out and buy a top of the line Husky or KTM and save some money. I'm on my second DRZ but without dumping some serious $$ into them they are not very exciting.

p><p>If I had to pick between the DRZ and WR I

I've ridden one and they are fun. Bars are low but I'm sure a set of Ricky C. high bars would blend right in.

Hoping to see an all new motor and frame for the Suzuki Supermotos in 2011.

I have a WR250X and I have to say it is light. The fuel injection is flawless. I put a few things on mine and done a couple of mods and it cruisesdown the freeway 75-80 no problem and still has some passing power. I have not put it up against a DRZ but I like the looks of the Yamaha better....just my 2c

What is your total budget for the bike and how much do you think you’ll spend on mods ?

Suzuki RMX450Z... Thats where my 2010 money would be...

As far as your options though... The DRZ was my first motorcycle ever. And It was boring and slow, but in retro it was only lacked the fun bc I lacked the skills. Got out of the DRZ after 11 months and was straight onto an 06 R6. Started to miss my DRZ alot after about 5 or 6 months. Found a group of riding buddys that all had DRZ's and as I got better and started to ride their bikes and I was almost sick with how much fun I was having on that old DRZ. For the Street its bulletproof as long as you take care of the oil. It is heavier than a "real born from MX" supermoto but what it lacks in power it gains x10 in reliability and ease of ride. Having said that my skills in the motor dept grew as well and now I have an CRF450R motard getting a serious overhaul and about to see the road. But I also have an 09 250x in the garage too. Between the DRZ and the 250x they both get the job done. But if it were my money id be buying the DRZ. Years of proven reliability, one of the most weathly information forums on thumpertalk, and the torque that it most def has over the WR is enough for me. Plus fuel injection means PCV ($250) instead of jet kit ($50) If you can ride the wheels off the DRZ it will never fail to put a smile on your face.

No matter what hands down the drz should and always be a better bike. I do love the wrx but sumptin about a little fat piggy like the Z that I can't resist