Rider of the Century

Dave Aldana on the left correct?? Its gotta be with those leathers. He still wears that skeleton gear when he races vintage moto. That TZ is the meanest bike I have ever heard. Whenever I watch it on you tube, when he takes off and lets second gear just stretchhhh out, it gives me goosebumps everytime.?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Aldana on the left correct?? Its gotta be with those leathers. He still wears that skeleton gear when he races vintage moto. That TZ is the meanest bike I have ever heard. Whenever I watch it on you tube, when he takes off and lets second gear just stretchhhh out, it gives me goosebumps everytime.?

Yes, as a young enthusiast I thought those leathers (the skeleton) were soo cool!......Dittos on the goosebumps. :ride:?

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad132/o-ringthing/02-17-10/10kr.jpg[/img]"]http://10kr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pics of Kenny's restored TZ750 that he took for a spin at the Indy Mile flattrack race that was held the night before last year's Indianapolis MotoGP...

7-1.jpg

i was there that thing was so fast, i forgot what motogp rider jumped on it, but i believe it was a 250 rider, correct me if im wrong

i was there that thing was so fast, i forgot what motogp rider jumped on it, but i believe it was a 250 rider, correct me if im wrong

I read where Ben Bostrom rode some and I read where Valintino Rossi turned down the opportunity to ride after seeing how well KR rode the machine.

and thats all I know about the subject. :banana:

I read where Ben Bostrom rode some and I read where Valintino Rossi turned down the opportunity to ride after seeing how well KR rode the machine.

and thats all I know about the subject. :banana:

i think Valintino Rossi turned it down because he was able to see how dangerous flattrack racing is, there was a accident that night, where a guy lunched off of his bike and hit the paved road below, breaking his hip.

crash- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAz56RjXwB0&feature=related

kenny roberts-

i was talkin bout the original thanks...who was that guy, not malcom smith or steve mcqueen the other one?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats Motorcycle and Bicycle Hall of Fame member- Mert Lawill

Edited by phillybeef

What most people don't know was the ORIGINAL bike was a TZ700.....750s weren't made yet when Kell Caruthers built this bike

I always wondered what the time-line for the 700 to 750 change was.

.....phillybeef.....

Edited by phillybeef