crf150

I'm curious about this because I'm sure you can pick up a fairly decent 230 motor for cheap so if you can just swap the top end of the 230 to the 150 with out the need of swapping cranks it seems like it would be a very simple way to make some decent extra power. So to me this seems like it would be more worth it to do than just put a BBR big bore kit in it.

you need to put the crank and rod in the lower case to make it work...

The 230 and the 150 share the same bolt pattern and head... The crank assembly is longer on the 230...

Must be cold and you all are watching too much olympics on tv...

go outside and play... LOL

But if you could find a 230 motor for cheap could you just swap the crank and top end over and have a 230, or just swap top ends for a cheaper big bore kit?

Edited by 400x
Epic Faild at life

bore is too big for the 150.... that's why you have to change the stroke...

As for the cheap 230 motor idea... if ya find one... just bolt it in... be sure to use the motor mounts for the 230... 150 mounts are different...

Do you need all the mounts (plates) or just the top ones(hanger plates). I'm putting an XR200 in a 150, and the lower front mounts look good, but the tops are too long. I ordered 230 top mounts to put the 200 engine in the 150 frame.

Mounts are cheap, by the way.

Toby

They work great... They are not stock though...one has a BBR 240 kit as well as custom head work, Mike Coe cam, lightened flywheel, big carb, pipe etc... The other has a bigger custom kit yet. They will yank your arms out of socket. I have worked with Mike Coe on many projects and he can tell you this is a killer setup. There are a few others around hear making silly HP as well and they too work with Mike. One thing to think about is all the little parts it takes to do the conversion... like cam chain, cam chain guides, tension guides, cyl studs, cyl, piston of choice, bigger carb, bracket mods, etc. Then while you are at it might as well get the big bore kit of Mikes and a cam... all or nothing for me:-) And I love it. I have pulled a few 150r's and I can tell you they don't like it;-)

Yeah that what me and my friend were talking about. As long as we would already be working on the bike we said we might as well throw a 240 kit in it or something. Did you use the stock 230 carb and just re jet it or did you go aftermarket with it?