Sign in to follow this  

Florida Daytona Supercross

RC wanted to go old school and I wonder if his amateur supercross race on Sunday had anything to do with his layout.

RC wanted to go old school and I wonder if his amateur supercross race on Sunday had anything to do with his layout.

I heard that they are probably going to fill in some of the jumps for the amateur race.

on DMXS it was either Ricky or MXSPORTS guy (can't recall his name at the moment) said they they'd be taming the track down for the amatuers and little bikes. but they said they'd be keep the same lay out.

I'll be out there with the ol' lady and a buddy from school. Carl where are you guys going to be?

I'm meeting Mehmet and we're tailgating into the infield. We took the back entrance (South side, could be West... I'm bad with directions) and got good parking spots. We'll be floating around the pits and track all day till the night program when we migrate to the upper deck.

The Sunday schedule poped up.

Sunday March 7

Ricky Carmichael Amateur Supercross Championship

1- 9:45:00 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

2 -9:53 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

3 -10:01 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

4 -10:09 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

5 -10:17 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

6 -10:25 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

7 -10:33 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

8 -10:41 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

9 -10:49 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

10- 10:57 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

11- 11:05 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

12 -11:13 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

13 -11:21 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

14 -11:29 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

15 -11:37 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

16 -11:45 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

17 -11:53 AM Heat Races 8 Minutes

18 -12:01 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

19 -12:09 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

20 -12:17 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

21 -12:25 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

22 -12:33 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

23 -12:41 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

24 -12:49 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

25 -12:57 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

26 -1:05 PM Heat Races 8 Minutes

1 -1:11 PM Semi Races 6 Minutes

2 -1:17 PM Semi Races 6 Minutes

3 -1:23 PM Semi Races 6 Minutes

4 -1:29 PM Semi Races 6 Minutes

5 -1:35 PM Semi Races 6 Minutes

1 -1:44 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

2 -1:55 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

3 -2:06 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

4 -2:17 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

5 -2:28 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

6 -2:39 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

7 -2:50 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

8 -3:01 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

9 -3:12 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

10- 3:23 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

11 -3:34 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

12 -3:45 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

13 -3:56 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

14 -4:07 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

15 -4:18 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

16 -4:29 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

17 -4:40 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

18 -4:51 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

19 -5:02 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

20 -5:13 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

21 -5:24 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

22 -5:35 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

23 -5:46 PM Main Event 9 Minutes

Glad to hear he is ok it looked pretty serious when he was taken off in the ambulance.

JLaw also got banged up in practice and did not race. Last year he had an amazing race for a podium finish. We saw him in the pits as he was walking back to his rig. It looked like he refused to ride in the medical cart as he was walking behind it. Cody said hi to him (last year he spoke to Cody and gave him the rear fender off his race bike) but JLaw looked dazed and confused.

I have to say that those guys are simply amazing at how fast they are. I don't think this year's track was quite as challenging though. The lap times were very fast and I think the course was a little longer than the typical SX course.

Villopoto was out to overcome the crash and poor finish at the last race.

Dungy was consistent and rock solid.

Canard may want to consider moving up sooner than expected.

Milsaps was closing fast on Canard after a poor start but bobbled in the triple at the far east end of the track. He fell way off the pace and gave up a comfortable lead over Windham. We went in the pits after the race and heard a couple of guys asking if Milsaps was ok.

Highlights of the event. Cody got Roger D's autograph (I got his back in the early 70's when he was racing the Winter Am's). He also got Langston's autograph and spoke with Chad Reed. He also shook Stroupe's hand and congratulated him on his race. We saw Mitch Peyton and Joe Gibbs too.

One thing for sure is with Stewart and Reed out the door is wide open. Three SX rookies on the podium!

Mark C

message from facebook...

Hello everyone

Grant's crash Saturday night left him unconscious for two to three minutes. As a result he will not be cleared to race next Saturday night at Toronto. He has also suffered a bruised rib cage and a contusion to his right lung, causing him to cough up blood. We also think that the hard impact to his back, that caused the contusion to his lung, is the reason he was unable to move his legs at first. This is why the officials red flagged the race, he was laying on the blind landing in a high speed section and unable to move. Grant's knee is also extremely swollen. He will be going in to visit his Doctor this week to see if surgery is necessary. In general Grant is very banged-up, bruised and swollen; but our initial scare from him not moving his legs after the crash are fortunately relieved.

On behalf of Grant and the rest of our family, we would like to thank everyone for their prayers and concerns. All the calls, texts and facebook messages really showed Grant how truly loved he is by friends and fans alike.