Sign in to follow this  

Best Aftermarket Plastic for an 09?

Who has the best aftermarket plastics for a 2009 CRF450R? I wan to put new graphics on new plastics but the stock stuff is pretty expensive. Some companies don't predrill fenders, and some don't match up well. So who knows who has the best?

im not sure abou tthe other brands, but i always use Acerbis and the fit is perfect. just put some shrouds on my 09 and the fit was as good as the oem shrouds.

Cycra has the best aftermarket CRF plastic. They are also made here in the US instead of being imported.

I've used UFO several times in the past and have been very happy with them. I recently bought Acerbis fork guards since I had a gift card for Rocky Mtn and they don't carry UFO. Fit is great but they seem a bit flemsy compared to the UFO that I've used. Never tried Cycra.

Cycra has the best aftermarket CRF plastic. They are also made here in the US instead of being imported.

...but is it available for the 2009? I see front fender and number plate but no shrouds, side panels, disk guard...

...but is it available for the 2009? I see front fender and number plate but no shrouds, side panels, disk guard...

Yeah, they make it all. It just doesn't show up in their '09 catalog. Kevin Windham, Trey Canard, Justin Barcia and Blake Wharton all have Cycra plastic on their bikes. I've found Cycra is thicker, less brittle and holds it's color better than Acerbis and UFO plastic. Here's the 09 catalog.

http://www.cycraracing.com/09-cycra-catalog.pdf

Not a big fan of the fit and finish of any aftermarket plastic. I am happer with stock even though it costs a little more.

I'm looking for new plastics for my 06 crf250, and am trying to decide which brand to get. (I searched and found this thread so I thought Id revive this one instead of starting a new one)

I had planned on going acerbis, but have heard cycra was better.

The cycra radiator shrouds seem to be skinnier and so the graphics wouldnt fit as well..

Any suggestions?

Oh and I plan to go with white plastics, and stock graphics. What do yall think?

Thanks

if u want to get numbers with the plastics a few of the number vendors offer plastic with their numbers and they install the numbers for u.

No, I plan on buying a complete set of plastics, and applying my own graphics and numbeers.

Any other suggestions?

im just trying to find a good deal on the cycra stuff. 140 is steep for a set of plastics, im hoping to pay little less than 125 shipped including the stadium plate. cycra stuff looks good, and i trust camp's advice.

hahahha....just checked tt's store, 125.96, if i find anything else i need to bump it up to 150 i would get free shipping..

Here's the order in my opinion.

Cycra > UFO > Acerbis.

All good products, but Cycra is the superior IMO.

Cycra has a rider support tab on there website.

Those who race even locally should fill it out and see if theyll send you a discount code. It helps allot!

There plastics are great and look better than most.