Grass Valley Ca, Dual-Sport Help.

My friend, Dirtbike Dave, who owns a vacant rental home in Grass valley, gave me the responsibility to develope an adventure ride in this area and since we are all from the San Jose area we don't know squat about the roads and rides around Grass Valley. If anyone knows of some good roads that make good loops, please divulge any pertinent info, like road names be it forest road, trail or pavement, where to eat, get gas etc. We are planning a 2or 3 day weekend this spring...... thanks and best wishes to all....phillybeef

I would try and contact these groups;

http://motherlodedualsport.com/

http://www.woodsriders.org/

Thanks rxbandit, good info, Plotted their (motherlode) club route on Topo USA and got the milage. And, using there gas and lunch, it looks like a do-able loop at about 130 miles. thanks again.....phillybeef

Edited by phillybeef

I call this the Lowell Canyon Ride. Starts near Colfax and goes dirt to Hwy20 near Washinton or Grass Valley (will go through to Downieville late this spring). The start of the ride offers deep sand, a great creek crossing, technical singletrack, interesting doubletrack, nice views. The remainder of the ride is fun doubletrack and jeep road. We did it last weekend during a storm....got up to within 30 miles of hwy20 and turned around due to sun going down and increasing snow. Anybody want to get on something classic...hit me up. Here are a few pics to entice you all....?

Lowell_Canyon075.jpg

Sashi at the creek crossing. The sun came out for about a minute, just long enough for this photo.

Lowell_Canyon078.jpg

Me.

Lowell_Canyon083.jpg

Scouting out a hill before committing...notice the water running down. Steeper than it looks.

Lowell_Canyon089.jpg

relieved to have the technical stuff behind us

Lowell_Canyon092.jpg

taking a break. notice my mirror and someone else missing mirror:)

Lowell_Canyon097.jpg

turning around to face the DOG for a second time

Edited by ridgerunner00