Sign in to follow this  

Best way to lace and true a wheel

I got my rim in today and you guys were not kidding when you said it was very time consuming and tedious, I had to stop start over and collect my thoughts about 1000 times hahah.

I got my rim in today and you guys were not kidding when you said it was very time consuming and tedious, I had to stop start over and collect my thoughts about 1000 times hahah.

thats good though, take your time, walk away when you need to. it gets harder as your more frustrated, put on some soothing music and work on it:ride:

looks simple enough. . . but I know it takes quite a while to get straight

thank you for the words of encouragement. I am falling off the fence and about ready to tackle the KTM. . .

again, thanks

(where is the video you speak of)

Big Dave

OK...here may be a dumb question...which of the 2 spokes is longer, the inner or the outter? I made the mistake of not checking when I removed the old spokes:bonk:Logically I would think outter, but as I put all the spokes on, it may be the opposite.:thumbsup: Anyone know for sure before I make the switch?:lol: Thx

OK...here may be a dumb question...which of the 2 spokes is longer, the inner or the outter? I made the mistake of not checking when I removed the old spokes:bonk:Logically I would think outter, but as I put all the spokes on, it may be the opposite.:thumbsup: Anyone know for sure before I make the switch?:lol: Thx

really it doesnt matter to me, ive taken them off without taking note and put them back together perfectly with a perfectly true rim and never had any issues down the road.

Ridiculous is correct, Buchanons, which is a wheel only outfit charges $97.

$97 is still to high. If you're worried about the result, do one on a scrap or extra wheel. Just about everybody has a spare in their garage/shed. Take it apart and put it back together. Now you can charge your buddies to do it!