So far I have installed FCR's on two DRZ-S's, thinking TRX450 adapter

I have a question about fitment.

I used the FCR-MX kit from TT on my bike, and a WR FCR and the appropriate Sudco and Suzuki parts on my buddy's bike.

On both bikes, it seems that the carburator length (distance from the front of the intake adapter to the back of the carb) is shorter than the Mikuni. I am not comfortable with the amount of "meat" for the air boot to grab on to. I spaced the carb a bit away from the motor, and the air boot a bit away from the air box to sort of center everything. It's all good and tight, no leaks. Originally I chalked it up to be production variances on my bike, as I've had fitment issues with some other parts. But then I did my buddy's bike and it was the same.

In doing some searching around on the 'net, I have found a FCR adapter for installing a FCR-MX in a TRX450 quad. It's a longer adapter than the Sudco part, and I'm wondering if it will fit.

Has anyone tried it?

fcroncarb2.jpg

fcroncarb1.jpg

it should be fully engaged in the air boot and manifold.ive installed literally hundreds of them and never had one yet that wasnt.

the trx adapter is for non removeable intake bell fcr carb.doesnt help your situation.

I believe it. Never heard anyone else saying anything about having similar issues to the two I've done. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but if the carb is slid all the way against the head, there's so little meat for the air boot to grab that I'm afraid it will slip off. There's a little half-moon shaped cut in the air boot, and there may be 1/16" of meat for the clamp to grab there. I'm afraid of an air leak. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

I'm swapping fuel tanks this week on my bike. I'll take another look to see what's up.

I found one that a performance shop had made for Honda quads they build for racing. It installed easier into the DRZ airbox boot. They don't sell it seperately but only as a kit. I was able to get one as my son works for the shop. Stock on the left custon on the right.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

I found one that a performance shop had made for Honda quads they build for racing. It installed easier into the DRZ airbox boot. They don't sell it seperately but only as a kit. I was able to get one as my son works for the shop. Stock on the left custon on the right.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

Yeah! That's exactly the one I'm looking for. I can't remember the name of the shop. If you don't want to post it, please pm me.

Thanks! I remember seeing that one after much searching when I first installed the FCR on my bike, but I lost the link...

I think it has been pointed out before that the length of the FCR with all parts installed is indeed a fraction shorter than the Mikuni, but it is not nearly enough to have to find a longer adapter. The method of installing is the more important thing here. The airboot is soft and flexible, pull it a bit forward so that it completely over the adaptor. Or install it in the airboot first and pull the carb forward to the manifold. Either way, it should not be a problem. :ride: