Sign in to follow this  

Narly (gnarly???) Singletrack

WOAH! I'd like to think that i'd ride something like that!

:thumbsup: not to sound arrogant or like a super bad computer rider but that really is not that tough or even scary of a trail in my opinion. Looks really fun but nothing that would make me pray before I rode it. Again, not bad mouthing the trail or riders, looks fun but not that scary!

:thumbsup: not to sound arrogant or like a super bad computer rider but that really is not that tough or even scary of a trail in my opinion. Looks really fun but nothing that would make me pray before I rode it. Again, not bad mouthing the trail or riders, looks fun but not that scary!

Not scary? You're twice the man I'll ever be I guess.

I found myself trying to NOT look over the edge:eek: , and i would not have made it past the part where they got off the bike , , then the video ended kind of suddenly , so then i figured that the person posted a video from the camera he found on the bodies in the bottom of the canyon:shocked:

What he said. It is a nice trail, but really guys, it isn't that bad. I know guys that would try that on a quad.:ride:

What he said. It is a nice trail, but really guys, it isn't that bad. I know guys that would try that on a quad.:ride:

:thumbsup: Get er done with the bike in the foreground of your avatar!

That's a wicked trail for a flatlander in Michigan. I guess that'll teach you to focus:smirk:

What he said. It is a nice trail, but really guys, it isn't that bad. I know guys that would try that on a quad.:thumbsup:

So i take it heights dont bother you , especially when there is no place to turn around ?

That is really the only issue for me , is the drop with no recourse , slip once and your pretty much parts and peices , both the bike and you !

I felt like i was going over the edge just watching it , i can handle very tight single track , its just that drop off with nothing to stop the fall but the bottom thats a long way down , and it would most likely be something that is not walked away from !

if what is on the left was also on the right i would do it in a heartbeat , but :ride:

As you can tell these guys are taking this section pretty easy, as would I but that is EPIC single track. It be stoked to ride that ! Fun Fun Fun.

So i take it heights dont bother you , especially when there is no place to turn around ?

That is really the only issue for me , is the drop with no recourse , slip once and your pretty much parts and peices , both the bike and you !

I felt like i was going over the edge just watching it , i can handle very tight single track , its just that drop off with nothing to stop the fall but the bottom thats a long way down , and it would most likely be something that is not walked away from !

if what is on the left was also on the right i would do it in a heartbeat , but :thumbsup:

Heights and riding just make things more interesting imo. I cut a fun (friends say stupid) trail over some pretty nasty desert mountains with some high-very exposed cliff lines right off of your pegs. I guess its what your brain registers as scary that makes a trail hairball nutty or not. I myself do not have much of a brain so I guess it takes more for it to register in my "scary" factor lol.

Here is the stuff that excites me. This is the Portal trail we were riding in Moab that has a high price to pay if you fall off. I had to talk my bud into riding it instead of pushing in this pic and I know its mountain bikes but it wouldn't bother me if it was a twist throttle.........well ok, it would be alot more hairy and I would probably keep my seat pinched but still fun non the less:thumbsup:

P1010081-1.jpg

Yea that is a bit too much for me , i wouldn't even be able to walk on that without having a panic attack(i'm serious) , i never used to be that way when i was younger , but after i got hit by a car in 1986 on a motorcycle(put me in a wheelchair for a year , and therapy for 2 years) i aquired all sorts of phobia's , i am now afraid of the dark , afraid of tight spaces, and afraid of heights all to the point that i have panic attacks because of them , i can climb on the roof of my single story house , but it is all i can do to get near the edge to come back down , and i do so with my palms literally sweating , when riding my dirtbikes , if i am on a 12 ft ROAD that has a cliff on one side i am almost gouging out the hillside because i am slammed up against it so tight in fear of being sucked over the edge , honestly it really sucks sometimes because there are just some places i can't go because of the fears , i respect people that can overcome fear and do something like that , for me , like i said , just watching on a video made me cringe !

Heights and riding just make things more interesting imo. I cut a fun (friends say stupid) trail over some pretty nasty desert mountains with some high-very exposed cliff lines right off of your pegs. I guess its what your brain registers as scary that makes a trail hairball nutty or not. I myself do not have much of a brain so I guess it takes more for it to register in my "scary" factor lol.

Here is the stuff that excites me. This is the Portal trail we were riding in Moab that has a high price to pay if you fall off. I had to talk my bud into riding it instead of pushing in this pic and I know its mountain bikes but it wouldn't bother me if it was a twist throttle.........well ok, it would be alot more hairy and I would probably keep my seat pinched but still fun non the less:thumbsup:

P1010081-1.jpg

was that the poison spider or porcupine rim portal trail? i rode the porcupine rim portal trail 2 years ago, and that definitely had some sketchy spots

was that the poison spider or porcupine rim portal trail? i rode the porcupine rim portal trail 2 years ago, and that definitely had some sketchy spots

Neither. This one was out off of the Gold rim trail . I love the Poison Spider trail. Great hidden hits out there behind the bike shop.:thumbsup: