Sign in to follow this  

Looking for sponsors?

I've seen this route before. Usually, what "sponsorship" means in cases like this is that a manufacturer/distributor will give you X% off of retail prices on their products. And, if their product is what you want anyway, it can be a good deal.

(Just don't expect MSR or FOX or Pro Circuit to cut you a check in the deal.....:ride:)

In reality, if you are good....truly good.....the sponsors will already know who you are, and will have contacted you. :thumbsup:

But, hey, we can all dream, eh?

I've seen this route before. Usually, what "sponsorship" means in cases like this is that a manufacturer/distributor will give you X% off of retail prices on their products. And, if their product is what you want anyway, it can be a good deal.

(Just don't expect MSR or FOX or Pro Circuit to cut you a check in the deal.....:lol:)

In reality, if you are good....truly good.....the sponsors will already know who you are, and will have contacted you. :thumbsup:

But, hey, we can all dream, eh?

You might be suprised, we used mxsponsor and hooked up with a new race shop, and a year later they delivered us a bike..... No check, but it is nice just add'n gas to race. Great place to get your name out there, and open doors.:ride:

You might be suprised, we used mxsponsor and hooked up with a new race shop, and a year later they delivered us a bike..... No check, but it is nice just add'n gas to race. Great place to get your name out there, and open doors.:thumbsup:

Well done. In that year after hooking up you must have done a good job for them.....good enough for them to let you ride their bike!

That proves my point; no one gives anything to riders until those riders earn it by becoming a known entity/winner and have proven they can bring $$$ back to the sponsor.

Keep up the good work, 'pop.

Well done. In that year after hooking up you must have done a good job for them.....good enough for them to let you ride their bike!

That proves my point; no one gives anything to riders until those riders earn it by becoming a known entity/winner and have proven they can bring $$$ back to the sponsor.

On the other side of the coin, I'm sponsored by four company's and I stop racing a long time ago and even when I did, I was only a mid packer at best. I've just been around so long, I know a lot of people. You know the old saying," It's not what you know, but who you know." :thumbsup:

Point taken, however we would have never hooked up with those folks if we did not utilize the mxsponsor porgram. And.. it is not me, I retired a long time ago, my kiddo gets the credit (13 yr old)..... just wish we had more opportunities to race this bike, the 150 is orphaned at many tracks/events :thumbsup:

thanks tons for the link i joined 3 days ago after reading your post and i know have 3 sponsor ship offfers from gaerne, smith optics, and oneal already! but i just found out theres a $50 fee but anyways im still happy.

Yeah i got offers from smith, gaerne, utopia, pirelli-dominus corp, choice hotels, oneal & twin air. I dont think the fee is all that bad compared to what your realy gettin out of the site. Seems like a good idea to me. I do agree that actually racing more & getting your name out there that way could lead to better sponsors like FOX & the big name companies. But this also helps. Every little bit counts! lol

You I did this and you would think they (each company) would have a better way to order the stuff. I think they're working on it, but they make it pretty complicated.

Yeah i got offers from smith, gaerne, utopia, pirelli-dominus corp, choice hotels, oneal & twin air. I dont think the fee is all that bad compared to what your realy gettin out of the site. Seems like a good idea to me. I do agree that actually racing more & getting your name out there that way could lead to better sponsors like FOX & the big name companies. But this also helps. Every little bit counts! lol

wow i got all the same offers as you besides choice hotels.weird

i have oneal, smith, flatout mx decals, and pirelli, and i can say it does help even though its not a check. got 45% off my gear and a good deal on tires (which can rack up a decent bill over the season). this site is a good way to get your foot in the door with a company, or getting some help footing the expenses.

Very true. I think that most companies keep an eye out for new subscribers to mxsponsor.com & automatically send them offers over a course of a few days. Who knows. I'm not complainin about any kind of offer i get lol