Sign in to follow this  

Stock VS. Aftermarket

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere but I figured it'd be easier just to do this.

What's everybody's opinion on the stock pipe vs. FMF or Pro Circuit on a 250 set up for XC and Enduro?

Changes in the powerband or overall power?

Silencer choice too.

The stock pipe works great, use it until it's thrashed.

This seems to be the consensus. I have a stocker on my 200 and the bike flat rips; I never wonder about needing something else.

yep, I like the stock stuff. use the stock silencer till I need an SA, stock silencer till it's crushed.

your money is better spent and you get a better bang for the buck with head and jug mods.

I like the stock pipe real well, but I think the PC Platinum 2 is a little better. It has a very similar power curve, but gives a little more umph on the bottom end. It's also more durable than the stocker.

I agree the stock pipe is good the only neg thing about it is it's a little easy to dent/crush if you drop your bike a lot. I think the weakest part of the setup power wise is the silencer, mine goes noticeably better with a PC 304 (non shorty version) i don't require a SA for my silencer though so it may not suit other apps.

i got a FMF turbinecore 2 and it made my bike perform and sound much better.

When i had my stock pipe on i had the bike tuned perfectly. it would idle low and pick right up.

But when i put my new silencer on and started the bike the idle revved way up, indicating that much more air flow.

No jetting changes needed, just a screw driver to change the idle and air back to your liking.

Stock pipes are cheap on ebay also. I keep a spare in my camper trailer so I dont ruin a good campin/ridding trip.

In my 2010 250 xc-w i run enduro and have a FMF Gnarly with a FMF Six Days silencer.

There in the states i see alot of Gnarly with Shorty silencer.

I am pretty happy with my setup and i need a bigger silencer for the noise test´s of the Enduro events..