2010 YZF 450 Graphics?

I like a very basic look on my bikes. I don't go with what is stylish on any given year. I was disappointed with my decalworks graphics because they covered up the black part of the side panels. I had heard that the black "gripper" material wasn't real graphics friendly. I ended up cutting mine so only the white part of the plastic was covered. It's kind of a pain but I think it looks better and will last much longer. There's all kinds of crazy patterns and color if that's what you are into.

I like a very basic look on my bikes. I don't go with what is stylish on any given year. I was disappointed with my decalworks graphics because they covered up the black part of the side panels. I had heard that the black "gripper" material wasn't real graphics friendly. I ended up cutting mine so only the white part of the plastic was covered. It's kind of a pain but I think it looks better and will last much longer. There's all kinds of crazy patterns and color if that's what you are into.

I havent done anything with my 450 yet, but we did put the Decal Works kit on my son's '10 250F. I felt the same way about covering the black parts. I'd prefer simple number plate decals that cover only the white part.

Your gonna have to definitly throw some heat to any graphics you put over the black. With all its lines and texture you need it to get hot and sit down in those lines better.

That for sure! Heat is the trick!......I used a blow dryer on the rad shrouds and the graphics from decal works stuck down real good when I laid the heat to it with a blow dryer. You can see the diamonds from the rad shrouds come through the graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

MGX makes backgrounds and graphics that are already cut for that. They send you pieces for the white and pieces already cut out for the black. Everyone was complaining about how hard the exhaust side background is to put on but I got it first try no bubbles, no wrinkles and I put it on dry. Anyone looking for backgrounds that are high quality and look good check into them.