Sign in to follow this  

09 yz250 Works Connection Skid Plate...

i got the smaller WOrks Connection skid plate. it comes with the 4 brackets that go around your frame. Has anyone else had trouble getting the bracket that goes on the brake pedal side, rear, over the frame? i don't have enough room between my engine and frame. is there a trick im missing here? thanks

It will go, it's tricky! Just keep messing with it...

i got the smaller WOrks Connection skid plate. it comes with the 4 brackets that go around your frame. Has anyone else had trouble getting the bracket that goes on the brake pedal side, rear, over the frame? i don't have enough room between my engine and frame. is there a trick im missing here? thanks

Yes, it BARELY fits. Try sliding it on from the inside out. Try different angles.

This piece will actually fall off if you remove the plate with it in place. So imagine how it would have to fall if it did.

Or, cheat and loosen the motor mounts!

That is a really nice skit plate, been looking at it for a while. Anyone have any pics of thier own that's been mounted.

ha would rather not do that, man i messed with it for awhile. whole time thinking im an idiot and i know it should fit. bikes brand new so i knows its some weird tweaked frame issue etc. You guys speak from experience? didnt use a screwdriver or hammer or anything? frustrating haha

Yes, I have the carbon one on right now, but it uses the same mounts as the aluminum one I have from them as well.