harbor freight

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the $20 bike stand and you get what you pay for. Won't stay up unless the pin is inserted (maybe its supposed to be like that but not sure) and the lift lever is really flimsy. Its OK for the garage but I wouldn't use it at a track.

I have the $20 bike stand and you get what you pay for. Won't stay up unless the pin is inserted (maybe its supposed to be like that but not sure) and the lift lever is really flimsy. Its OK for the garage but I wouldn't use it at a track.

I have two of those stands and have not had a single problem with either of them

Dead-Blow hammers are a good deal ?

true enough i've bought a few of them. they have a vacuum bleeder for brakes for about $20 beats paying $100 for the motion pro and it even works....sorta ok. aluminum polishing wheels are a good deal there. you can get an assortment of 500 o-rings of various sizes for around $5. zip ties are a good deal also.

Many people take issue with shopping with them because most of their stuff is imported from China. But, a lot of the stuff is no longer made here in the US and even if you buy from someone else, it came from the same source.

Exactly. It's not like Ace Tru Value, Home Depot, Lowes etc don't have a high % of chinese made stuff on their shelves too. Even US brands that have been around for a long time are now made in China.

I'll look to see if there are any US made options, but I'd say 75% of the time there is not.

I have a solvent tank, bead blast cabinet, heat gun, 4" grinder, buffer, reciprocating saw (Sawzall), air compressor, metric tap and die set (the large titanium nitrided set). I have had no problems with any of there power tools... yet. But they offer an extended warranty at the check-out so if it ever fails, take it back and get another. Might be easy for me to say though with three stores in my area. And for those of you that still hate on HF because it's made in China, well guess what? Everything is made in China now! So I just can't see paying a premium for one China made product over HF's. Even Snap-On is having increasingly more tools made in China. There are some items I will not buy again like their plumbers tubing cutters (POS, get Rigid brand) and some others that escape me right now.

I have been shoping at harbor freight for awhile now. Every single thing I have bought from there has never failed me, and I am very very hard on my stuff. Whats great about HF is you can buy the optional warrenty for $5, so if any thing happens in 2 years to it you can take it back no questions asked and get a new one. My whole fab shop is comprised of almost all HF tools(except welders and air compressors).

Oh and this lift I got from them is AMAZING for $150

99887.gif

I found their screwdrivers to be surprisingly good quality for how cheap they are. Long 1/2" breaker bar is holding up good, too.

Anybody that doesn't have an expensive tap set should definitely buy one from them! I don't use them for cutting new threads, but they saved me a couple times cleaning up threads that just started to cross-thread.

I put one of those in my bedroom...but this is a family forum:busted:

GF loves it

hehe...

I purchase a fair amount of tools from HF. since I am not a mechanic by trade and only use my tools for personal fun use I try to save as much money as possible. I think HF is great especially for backup tools (to take with you to the trail or track) I wish I would have found out about HF earlier.

I got one of the $29 stands on sale for $19... been great... safety wire twisters for $6.99... work like a charm... a chain alignment tool for $9.99... and some really sexy Red anodized valve caps for my 2 Hondas for $1.99. BUT... by far my favorite Harbor Freight purchase was my $99 scissor lift.... cheapest I found one anywhere else was $169... sure some of the stuff you find in the store might be a bit sketchy... but really... go to any store anywhere and find me a hydraulic jack that ain't made in China..... now I can sit on my barstool next to my workbench and check the jetting specs in the manual and swivel around and work on the carb... I don't even have to lean over.... I'm old and that is priceless.... hahahaha

I have a set of tools that I keep in my trailer from Harbor Freight. That way if someone steals them at the track I'm not out a lot of money like if someone stole my snap ons. I also have a couple of their bike stands, a pneumatic impact gun, wheel truing stand, a tumble polisher, and a dremel set. Haven't had a problem with any of the stuff I've gotten from there. You have to go in realizing that it is cheap stuff and it won't be perfect, but for the most part I've been satisfied with everything I've gotten from there, especially for the price.