harbor freight

did i mention i found a whole set of new craftsman gear wrenches at the abandoned housing track down the road?

I was there yesterday. Got a 2 gallon 100psi oil free compressor with line and kit for $55 (was 69 and the lady gave me a discount for no reason and gave the extended warranty for $5), 50 pack or red shop rags $9 and another compressor accessory kit for $14, 3 pack of vise grips with soft handle $8, assorted plier set (lineman, needle nose, slip joint etc) for $9. I have never broken anything from them yet, but I did, no biggee, good price. I have one about 5 mils from my work and I spend a lot of lunches in their looking around.

some stuff I have good luck with

like a lot of their hand tools are fine like needle nose, sockets

I love harbor freight <3

I feel bad though cause I rather be supporting american company's

did i mention i found a whole set of new craftsman gear wrenches at the abandoned housing track down the road?

found?

image.php?u=171236&dateline=1265573040

+1. The Chicago Tools welders that HF sales are REALLY bad! My buddy has one of their migs and I've tried to weld with that thing and its about impossible to work with. Like others have said stay away from certain tools such as their electric drills/cordless tools etc. but HF has alot of really decent stuff for great prices.

Really? i bought a 120 mig from them for 70 bucks last year and it's been great. im almost through my second spool and its still working fine even though i've welded for half hour at a time with some of my projects. Plus you don't need alot of heat adjustment if you are welding thicker metal, just go a little slower and turn the wire up. And for 70 bucks it cant be beat since id probably have to pay about 300 for a lincoln and i will probably just return the hf one towards the end of my warranty to get a fresh one.

found?

yes sir, found them sittin on the ground. picked em up and went home

Really? i bought a 120 mig from them for 70 bucks last year and it's been great. im almost through my second spool and its still working fine even though i've welded for half hour at a time with some of my projects. Plus you don't need alot of heat adjustment if you are welding thicker metal, just go a little slower and turn the wire up. And for 70 bucks it cant be beat since id probably have to pay about 300 for a lincoln and i will probably just return the hf one towards the end of my warranty to get a fresh one.

yeah my lincoln cost about 5 bills. but the adjustment is GREAT. ive got a few 2lb spools through it and i havent hooked up gas yet. my welds are just as good as my friends that use gas! heres a taste of the gasless welds that nobody believes are gasless. ive got most of my friends to kick the gas to the curb too. waste of $ if you ask me. only bad thing is the wire cost's more!

Picture005-5.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture088.jpg

ohh and on the joint, mine is the good half haha

i <3 gasless

I bought a HF tire changing stand with the Motorcycle "adaptor". With shipping, I think it it all came in well under $100. It's not a travel unit, but fine for my garage. Comes with a giant pry bar...no complaints at all, I've changed a dozen tires, all sizes.

stay away from anything with moving parts or electrics. Most other stuff is pretty good, especially for a weekend shade tree mechanic.

stay away from anything with moving parts or electrics. Most other stuff is pretty good, especially for a weekend shade tree mechanic.

Yeah, one of their dremel tool knock-offs lasted about 4-5 light uses before the motor burned up. I bought it because I couldn't find my 20 year old US made Dremel. I recently found it in a wet shed after the roof collapsed and it's still working like a champ.

Yeah, one of their dremel tool knock-offs lasted about 4-5 light uses before the motor burned up. I bought it because I couldn't find my 20 year old US made Dremel. I recently found it in a wet shed after the roof collapsed and it's still working like a champ.

I inherited a set of my GRANDFATHER'S Craftsman ratchets...

:ride: = :thumbsup:

theyre prices are amazing, and I use a lot of their hand tools\general shop tools. We did have a air riveter and it busted though, but thats the only power tool we've bought from them so I cant really say.

I can say that my REAL dremel is taking a dump though.

I wouldnt use wrenches and etc (due to rounding) but tools that will be only used once or twice, some of the stuff is worth its price.

Well I guess Im used to welding with a Lincoln so the difference between the two is like comparing a Honda CRF to one of the Chinese knock off bikes. You can ride both but which one are you going trust more? The HF welder can suit some peoples needs I guess but I just found that the spool speeds and heat dial were way off . If it makes you happy then enjoy it:thumbsup:

Well I guess Im used to welding with a Lincoln so the difference between the two is like comparing a Honda CRF to one of the Chinese knock off bikes. You can ride both but which one are you going trust more? The HF welder can suit some peoples needs I guess but I just found that the spool speeds and heat dial were way off . If it makes you happy then enjoy it:thumbsup:

my crf50 might as well be made in china, probably is, there's a bunch of big 4 bikes made in china now, bmw's too

Right after I bought my WR I went to HF and filled a tool box with everything I need to work on it for just under $100. That was really my first time shopping at HF and I was amazed at how much I got for under $100. So far I have been very happy with all of the tools.

I wouldn't call anything from Harbor Freight "good". They sell a lot of stuff that's "adequate" but I wouldn't call any of it "good".

I wouldn't call anything from Harbor Freight "good". They sell a lot of stuff that's "adequate" but I wouldn't call any of it "good".

Hey, those dead-blow hammers are good as anybodies :ride: We all know, they are the fix-all tool!

That and some vice-grips :thumbsup:

bought a pair of calpers w/ digital screen. so far they are accurate