Sign in to follow this  

FMF fitment issue....

I have a 2006 200xc. I bought a FMF Gnarly exhaust pipe, and it doesnt seem to line uo that well. Is this common with their pipes? Anyone have any tips or experience this?

I have a 2006 200xc. I bought a FMF Gnarly exhaust pipe, and it doesnt seem to line uo that well. Is this common with their pipes? Anyone have any tips or experience this?

Same here, didn't fit well using the stock hardware arrangement.

I used the stock hardware, but inverted/swapped them around however I had to. Got it to fit!

Same here, didn't fit well using the stock hardware arrangement.

I used the stock hardware, but inverted/swapped them around however I had to. Got it to fit!

That's what I did :thumbsup:

I bought a gnarly pipe for my 07 200 and it didn't fit either. I sent it back to them and they said that it fit just fine on their jig. They sent me pictures to try and get the hardware correct but it doesn't matter how i arrange them it still doesn't fit the rear hanger at all.

Where is your pipe not fitting? Front or rear hanger, or does the pipes bend not match up?

On my 07 and 09 the pipes didn't fit well BUT.... teh tab on the lower right front that is a mounting point for the pupe is often tweeked, which in turn tweeks the original pipe.

So mounting a different pipe is a tighter fit.

If the tab is bent straighten it out. It'll fit better.

yup its the rear mounting tab, bout an inch off, also the pipe seems to be close to the bottom of my radiator. Ill def try and try again, thanks for the help guys.