93 XR650L info????

I'm looking at a 93 XR650L I currently ride a XR250L. I would like to know if the 93 XR 650L has a kick start back up to the electric? What should I look out for in a 93 year? This bike has low miles and is stock. I dont know what the differences are between the 93 and say the newer 2000 years if any?.

My XR250L is a great bike and I used to ride a XR500 in my younger days. I'm looking for that stump pulling power again I guess:thumbsup:

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

The only real mechanical differences between '93 2009 are colors/grapahics, springs rates, and some grease fittings were omitted. Early production bikes tend to have weak CDIs. That's it.

Most XRL's do not have a kicker, unless they were modified by the p.o.

Most XRL's do not have a kicker, unless they were modified by the p.o.

And absolutely none of them came from Honda with one.

I missed that part of the question.

Thanks for the replies. I've only seen pictures so far of the bike and when the guy said its only electric start no back up I couldnt beleive it. The whole bike must be a pretty bullet proof design if they havent made may changes overall to the bike.

Thanks for the replies. I've only seen pictures so far of the bike and when the guy said its only electric start no back up I couldnt beleive it. The whole bike must be a pretty bullet proof design if they havent made may changes overall to the bike.

It's like a howitzer- simple, direct, effective.

Dave

I think I saw that bike on Craigs list, with only 2,000 miles. I bought a 1995, 1-owner last year with 3,800 miles, and love the bike. I was always tinkering with my old DR, but this one, I can just get on it, push the magic button, and ride. The 1993 looked like a pretty good bike.....just saw it last night.

you know they did something right when they dont change a thing for over 16 years. very reliable bike. i had a 1993 dr350 with 3200. i worked on that thing all the time. then sold it, and saw a 1997 xr650l for 2200 with 3000. and now im in love. the only problem i have with the bike is the weight and height. but its nice to sit above the rest. you wont be disappointed, unless your 4 feet tall. and less than a 100 pounds