Sign in to follow this  

Hi/low beam

I just purchased my first KTM 03 450exc. My question is how do you switch between Hi and low beam on the light. Here is what I have:

A very bright headlight, To turn on you pull up on a little switch on the right side of the guage pack. There are no other switches besides the fan and the three buttons to operate gauges with left thumb. There is three wires going to the head light so I assume there is high/low. Thanks to any help.

You will have to wire in a high/lo switch, these bikes don't come with one. They come with the wiring and a dual filament bulb, but you have to wire in your own hi/lo switch, unless the previous owner installed a dual sport kit of some sort

the 03 450 exc was not built as a street legal bike from the factory so it did not HAVE to have a hi/lo headlite. so everyone is right you need to wire it in to convert it

Ive been eyeballing those on ebay. Been waiting to hear someone give a review. Says theyre made of metal and you can actually tighten it down on the bars without stripping out the threads? The switch works well ie... doesn't get caught between low and high? I might try to get one now if you'll give me a positive review.

Ive been eyeballing those on ebay. Been waiting to hear someone give a review. Says theyre made of metal and you can actually tighten it down on the bars without stripping out the threads? The switch works well ie... doesn't get caught between low and high? I might try to get one now if you'll give me a positive review.

First ride after installing it, I got the switch full of water (don't ask how) and it is still working just fine, I did flush it with WD40. BTW, if you buy one, request a wiring color code chart, mine came without one and I had to ask for it. Also, I had to cut off the attached pin plug and solder on bullet connectors.