Sign in to follow this  

Goggles

Looking to buy some new goggles here as I have a 3 year old pair of $30 Scott goggles that have seen better days. :thumbsup:

Was looking around and saw:

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/SMITH-PISTON-GOGGLES-SWEATX/?catalogId=106363

They seem pretty nice and I'm a fan of the mirror lenses, anyone have them and care to comment or even know of some other nice pairs?

Smith piston goggles are good mainly most goggles smith makes are good but all in all its goggles and how picky can we really get lol. It all comes down to comfort and an overall feel of the goggle while riding. Any who I ordered the smith intake goggles from motosport this week and cant wait to get them. They cost me $40 and I know from my friends who have them that they are also another good set of goggles from smith. I've used Dragon goggles in the past and they are pretty good as well very comfortable and at a fair price.

I use Oakley Crowbars, they are $65 but they are totally worth it. I have 3 pairs of them and cannot use anything else. No dirt gets in my eyes and the vision is exceptional. They feel comfy even dripping in sweat(at that point I put on another pair). Oakley has so many colors and design schemes on the Crowbars it's crazy.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/OAKLEY-CROWBAR-MX-GOGGLES/?catalogId=105025

I got my smith Top Fuel Graphics Series goggles with mirror lens from motorcycle superstore last week for 20 bucks.(msrp $75). $65 seems really steep...

I wear Crowbar's now, i rode with Scott 87's for many years. The Crowbars seal, is just plain awsome. It takes sweat like a champ, feels great and lets no dust to my contacts.

There are so many threads on googles.....I like the Scott Pro Air....There are some product reviews on here about googles.........

I like the scott pro airs as well, but they seem to be pretty narrow. I'm a fan of the High volt III's (which the pro air replaced) so I bought a few more pair from the local shop for $30 a pop. Oakleys don't seem to fit my face right. Seems like I always have dirt in them. I run a lot of spys as well. Never had a problem with them.

I like Spy Goggles. I wear contacts and even though I love almost every Oakley product, I get dirt in my eyes and fogging issues with Oaklys. Spy googles are cheaper and they function much better. But I think the shape of your head also has alot to do with it. I would urge you to try a couple different models in the conditions you normally ride in. Ask people to borrow their goggles, thats what I did to find out I liked Spy goggles

Check this out, crow bar for $32, piston for $30 (on page 2) etc, you gotta shop around...

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/closeouts.do?webCatId=2&webTypeId=66

Yeah I saw those last night actually. I usually only buy from clearance for gear but those new Smiths caught my eye. Not worth the extra $ though, those are a good choice.

If you are looking to buy off of Motosport I would also look at BargainRider, which is Motosport's discount website. The gear is usually carry overs from older years, but if your looking to save money its worth a shot.....and I strongly suggest Scott USA

I'm a huge fan of the Scott 89xi Desert goggles since they have the extra foam to reduce dirt inside. Mine have the light sensitive lenses that work really good inside the woods as well as the dunes.

check out the dragon mdx's or spy alloys..but keep in mind that the spy alloys are now discontinued, so if u buy these googles pick urself up a couple pair of lenses...

Go with the Smiths, I've tried scotts and they rub the outer part around my eyes and it irritates the hell out of me. The smiths are great all around.

I also wear oakley crowbars and love them. but make sure you get the ones that have the little extension pieces on the straps otherwise they wont sit in your helmet as nicely.

check out the dragon mdx's or spy alloys..but keep in mind that the spy alloys are now discontinued, so if u buy these googles pick urself up a couple pair of lenses...

My son switched to the Dragon goggles a while ago and loves them. I have used Scott goggles ever since I started riding. I liked the oakleys but they are to expensive and are hard to find around here. They p o 'ed quite a few dealerships around here some time ago by just shipping a bunch of goggles to them and trying to charge them for it so the dealerships discontinued their goggles. My next pair of goggles will be the Dragons. They are really easy to maintain clean up easy and the foam seems to last a lot longer than the Scotts. Just my .02 :thumbsup: