Sign in to follow this  

California Pismo, More Bad News

What bunch of crap and out right lies! You don't think the traffic on the 101 has anything to do with it? This holds as much water as what's is name and smoging diesels let alone look who did the study.We should just ban Human life as we know it.

• Like 1

What bunch of crap and out right lies! You don't think the traffic on the 101 has anything to do with it? This holds as much water as what's is name and smoging diesels let alone look who did the study.We should just ban Human life as we know it.

Consider your self banned!!!!!! Oh your not human never mind. :thumbsup::ride:

seems pretty simple that it is true, vehicles driven over the sand do break the crust which then allows the wind to lift the sand into the air. No different than a farmer plowing a field. Ban the farmers too I guess.

seems pretty simple that it is true, vehicles driven over the sand do break the crust which then allows the wind to lift the sand into the air. No different than a farmer plowing a field. Ban the farmers too I guess.

Agreed! But, is this not just another case of people moving into an area then complaining about a condition or situation that existed long before the Nipomo Mesa area was even in the planning stages. Also even though Off Highway vehicle do break the crust etc that crust does not mitigate windblown sand when the wind is substantial. Hmmmmm lets see does the wind ever blow near the ocean? RB

"This planet would be so much better off if we could just get rid of the people.".....Sierra Club (or CBD...or any other enviro-nazi group) quote, circa 2010...

I like this part:

"Very high levels can actually overwhelm the system, and in extreme cases cause death," said Allen."

I seriously doubt that offroad riding could ever cause that much sand to blow into one area. Typical enviro article, printing a quote probably out of context that is just intended to scare the reader and exaggerate the situation.

It is stupid money is even being spent on this problem when cars and factories are putting out pollutants that are much more harmful and affect more people.

They should consider themselves lucky. Apparently with all of the sand getting deposited along with "GLOBAL WARMING", in a few more years they will have beach front property.

What about Chemtrails?!?!?!?:thumbsup: How come no one up there is upset about Chemtrails?!@?!?!?!?!?

:ride:

"This planet would be so much better off if we could just get rid of the people.".....Sierra Club (or CBD...or any other enviro-nazi group) quote, circa 2010...

If they really cared....They would be the first to go!

This is an Outrage !! Another plot from the tree hugging hybrid driving anal orphases who have nothing better to do than cry about global warming and shit !!

Im stapping a paddle on my scoot and loading up the hauler.. ITS ON !!

Money has a way of influencing studies like this,I cal b.s

I say they should invite all the people who want pismo to stay the way it is, and invite all the opposing people who want to close it off to human traffic, and let them fight it out on the beach,whoever wins case closed..

I am so tired of the so-called green movement, I am anti-green from now on they can kiss my ass,i will be voting agiainst any fker who even looks green.

Ummm, the entire Mesa is made of ....sand.

:thumbsup:

Our place was on the mesa, about 5 miles due east of Oso Flaco Lake.

The Mesa has many microclimates, but an overage of blowing sand from the disturbed dunes? Really? That's somebody focusing money on something that doesn't make nearly as much difference in the quality of life on the Mesa as anywhere else that's built on a sand hill.

The San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District is wasting taxpayers money on the wrong priorities. They have a job to do to protect us, but this is ridiculous. We need to get people like this out. And I'm not just saying that as a supporter of off-road riding, either.

Edited by barryadam

A developer also wants to close Oceano Airport for a housing complex. What does that till you!

This is some big B.S. They have been wanting to close the Dunes for a long time and now, this just might do it. I live just 20 miles south of Oceano. And ride the Dunes all the time.

:thumbsup:

As we know, studies like this are usually complete crap.:thumbsup:

I reject your reality and substitue my own.

The ohv usage, does wonders for the crust boring beetles. now that the crust is broken they can get down and eat the sand fleas. Or something along those lines.

didn't really read the story