Rear wheel play ?

The other day I had the rear of my 90 Chevy 1/2 ton up on jacks and I noticed that the driver's side rear wheel had some play in it. It's acting as if the ball joints were bad IF it was on the front. I replaced the wheel bearings and torqued the lug nuts with no difference. The right side is fine and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!

The play is in and out. When I grab the tire at the 12 and 6 o'clock position, I can move it in and out. Just like bad ball joints. I don't think it's the wrong bearings since the problem was first noticed with the stock bearings in place.

The right side does not do this.

The other day I had the rear of my 90 Chevy 1/2 ton up on jacks and I noticed that the driver's side rear wheel had some play in it. It's acting as if the ball joints were bad IF it was on the front. I replaced the wheel bearings and torqued the lug nuts with no difference. The right side is fine and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!

Normal. This is a "C" type axle clip (because its a 1/2 ton) and some in out play is normal. The fact one side does it, other doesnt means nothing. Just some variation is clearance. You should be able to feel it, barely see it move.