Sign in to follow this  

Brought home a monster, need help (pics)...

Long story short, my brother lived in PHX for about a year. While there, he bought a street legal buggy. When it was time to move back to SC, he tried to sell it, but the only offer was a trade for this quad. They both decided it was an even trade, and he thought it would be easier to sell a quad than a buggy in SC.

So, that being said. It's had a lot of work done to it. It does, however, have an electrical short. I'm thinking it's a loose ground in the rear wiring harness. Since my brother isn't very mechanically inclined, I offered to bring it back to VA with me, fix it, and then try to sell it for him. As of right now, I know nothing about it. My brother is going to send me all the information that he knows about it (from the PO), so hopefully I'll get that info tonight.

Anyway, here are some pics...

FriFeb26165717AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

The wiring harness that has the issue.

FriFeb26165717AmericaNew_York201-1.jpg

FriFeb26165717AmericaNew_York201-2.jpg

Anyway, fist things first, it needs a new batt. What is recommended? I don't want anything fancy, just something that'll get the job done.

I know it's hard without knowing what mods it has, but any idea what this thing may be worth? Comes with a 2nd set of paddle tires mounted on rims.

From what I can tell, it's got a full aftermarket exhaust, maybe some engine work, and probably some exhaust work.

Thanks guys,

Steve

I noticed that one of the pics has an engraving that says "cycle tech" on the cylinder head. Could it be from ken's Cycle Tech out of Mesa,Az? I know their web sit does not list Bombardier but,just maybe they did work on that particular quad and could give you some valuable info!! Here is a link.....

http://www.kenzcycletech.com/default.htm

Edited by BadBird69
Drunk Posting.....

Good luck trying to sell that beast back east. Might work for a big guy in the wide open desert, but on tight trails....what a pig!

Good luck trying to sell that beast back east. Might work for a big guy in the wide open desert, but on tight trails....what a pig!

Aren't all quads at a disadvantage when it comes to tight trails :thumbsup:

Well, fortunately around here there are a couple of ATV trails that are perfect for ATV's....so we'll see.

I'm going to call the PO and see if he can give me some details on what's been done. I do know it's got a big bore and some suspension work.

Steve

Well, fortunately around here there are a couple of ATV trails that are perfect for ATV's....so we'll see.

This isn't just an "ATV"...it is a huge ATV! While lots of utilities are heavier and larger in some ways, the Bomb is very wide for a trail quad.

This isn't just an "ATV"...it is a huge ATV! While lots of utilities are heavier and larger in some ways, the Bomb is very wide for a trail quad.

But that's an advantage. A lot of people just want the biggest and baddest they can find. Why else would there be so many banshees and raptor 700s in Philly.

well i can tell your problem already... that wiffle ball that you have stuck in the plastics in the second pic is causing the short..... remove it and it should be just fine.....

Raptors and Banshees are completely different quads than this monster. In fact there not a whole lot to compare between Banshees and Raptors. One is a two stroke that makes ungodly power in a narrow power band. The other is an extremely large displacement trail quad that doesn't offer much of an advantage over the smaller displacement trail quads. Of course you can always throw money at either machine and build it to do more of what you want.

well i can tell your problem already... that wiffle ball that you have stuck in the plastics in the second pic is causing the short..... remove it and it should be just fine.....

First of all, it as the PO who put the ball there, not me. Second, you think a plastic ball is causing the short? I don't think so. Like I said in my first post, the short is in the wiring harness.