Sign in to follow this  

Project Bike!!

I just ran across a steal and have wanted a CR250 for a project bike for a while. I ran into a buddy from high school and knew he used to have a 99 CR. Turns out, he still had it and hasn't ridden it for years! Apparently, he wrecked pretty good and hurt his ankle so he retired to mountain bikes. Paid $800 cash and it's going to be worth it. It needs a new exhaust, tires, other little things and some TLC. I'll post updates as I go. 213 pounds dry - Ha! Hells yea!!

:thumbsup:CR250.jpg

I just ran across a steal and have wanted a CR250 for a project bike for a while. I ran into a buddy from high school and knew he used to have a 99 CR. Turns out, he still had it and hasn't ridden it for years! Apparently, he wrecked pretty good and hurt his ankle so he retired to mountain bikes. Paid $800 cash and it's going to be worth it. It needs a new exhaust, tires, other little things and some TLC. I'll post updates as I go. 213 pounds dry - Ha! Hells yea!!

:thumbsup:CR250.jpg

Congrats...sounds like a smokin' deal. No pun intended. :lol:

Are you going to tweak it toward the trail?

Love to see the progress as you go. :ride:

A ride buddy just got done with his '02. It rips. I team with a guy who rides the snot out of a '92! Strong running bikes.:thumbsup::thumbsup::ride:

I knew that someone would throw out the wrong forum joke. The 450X forum is the best group of folks, so that's why I did that. I'm going to tweak it for woods riding. Just got the service manual in, so let the fun begin!

And no on the 500 motor - need to try and finish harescrambles!:thumbsup:

Did about 60 miles on the X Saturday. It was a great day for riding. Seems like the weather has been so bad for so long. There were a bunch of people out enjoying the weather. Attached is a picture that I took from my cell phone. It's from a nice look out point on Mill Creek loop.

View.jpg

nice find, i'd love to get a bike just like that for friends to use and the occasional mx day