+0 0 0

+2 0 0

+4 0 0

Ignition (IG)

+0 0 0

-1 0 0

-5 0 0

Comments (by MXA): removes the irritating bark at low rpm

I found something that needs to be addressed. On the less Hit map that removes the bark at low RPM needs to be changed on the Ignition.

Look at the map on the link and you will see the -5 on the Ignition needs to be changed to -3.

just remember that according to the power tuner programmer dont go more or less than 3 on the values.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=C2E3FB3F4CE4482FA39488990BF03569

I found something that needs to be addressed. On the less Hit map that removes the bark at low RPM needs to be changed on the Ignition.

Look at the map on the link and you will see the -5 on the Ignition needs to be changed to -3.

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed it.

Don't post corrections or comments in the DB unless it's in connection with your own posting of a map, please.

just remember that according to the power tuner programmer dont go more or less than 3 on the values.

That is what it says. But how then do you explain the first, third and fourth maps on their list, or Directmotocross's map here:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9027413&postcount=7

...or the third through sixth maps here, from Yamaha?:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9107497&postcount=8

What I mean no more than or less than three is......say

EFI is

+2 +2 +2 and the second row is +2 +2 +2 and the third row is +6 +6 +6

+2 +2 +2

+2 +2 +2

+6 +6 +6 The row of six's is one value more over the +2 (meaning to keep

the values no more than three from the others) if you know what

I mean.

To correct the upper map it would be something like this.

+2 +2 +2

+2 +2 +2

+5 +5 +5

or

+4 +4 +4

+1 +1 +1 As long as none are more or less than three in value of each other in the grid

+2 +2 +2

I guess however you could go -7 in one row and +7 in another row if you wanted to but I myself on a high dollar bike like this one would just stay in with in the boundries as the manual states.

Edited by CaptainKnobby

To clear up what you're saying, the manual states that there should not be a difference of greater than plus or minus 3 from one cell to another on any one row.

But, in the first example I cited, MXA has deltas of from 4 to as much as 8, DMX has a delta of 7 and 8, and the maps directly from Yamaha have deltas again ranging from 4 to 8, so it looks to me as though a large number of fairly bright people have decided to ignore that "rule".

I'm not arguing with ya and you know more than I do and I was just going by the numeral itself and not by the + or - like from +4 to-4 which would be a value of greater than 3,it would be 8.just the number like 4 and 4 is 4 and 2 and 4 is a difference of 2.

I see now they are counting the + and the - along with the numeral which I kinda thought that was the correct way to begin with but asked myself why would the manual say that and they turn around and do the opposite.

And according to you those bright people must know more than what they are telling the public.

I dont think I will be trying anything more or less than three.........just because I dont wont to jepordize tareing anything up on this expensive ride.

I have a tuner and I will try a couple of the maps sunday at the track and find I like and stay with it.

I see now they are counting the + and the - along with the numeral which I kinda thought that was the correct way to begin with but asked myself why would the manual say that and they turn around and do the opposite.(?)

Because they decided that the manual was wrong. It was a different group that wrote the manual, and you'll probably note that it says something like "might" or "may" cause problems. Obviously didn't.

Because they decided that the manual was wrong. It was a different group that wrote the manual, and you'll probably note that it says something like "might" or "may" cause problems. Obviously didn't.

Yeah I remember....Just looked in my manual now and seen it..... Oh well! lets get some good maps posted shall we.