Sign in to follow this  

what tire to get?

well for the last 6 years i've been racing fourwheelers... i recently switched to a bike... i raced A class in the local harescrambles on my quad, and some GNCC nationals... there is a few local MX tracks i'd also like to race at, what im seeking, is a good tire for both XC and MX racing... i have an 07' YZ450f, it has FMF factory 4.1 exhaust, black excel wheels, factory connection forks, renthal fat bars, and cycra handguards... i have brand new tires on it now, but due to the weather i haven't been able to ride it... i live in PA, doublin gap MX park is 5 minutes from my house, sleeply hollow, budds creek, tomahawk, rocket raceway, breeze wood are all within an hour of my house...

any suggestions for a good all around tire, for both MX and XC racing? i always ran maxxis on my fourwheeler... i really like them... i have access to pretty much everything at dealer cost, so im not to worried about prices or availability...

thanks for the help and suggestions, also, what would be a good skid plate, for both engine and rear rotor...

thanks!

nick

I don't have any experience MX racing, but on the trail I've always been happy with dunlop, they seem to last longer than others and aren't too bad on the road between trails.

I usually run the most agressive MX tyres my tyre shop has on the front, and go one step less agressive on the back. You're going to need to find the best fit for your riding style. Myself I like to spin the back wheel easily when I'm in the mood, but it scares the shit out of me when the front wheel slides out coming into a corner.

I just want to add that I'm basing that on being born and raised in Ohio(similar dirt/terrain). Oddly enough.........got the same recommendation from local riders when I moved to Louisiana :thumbsup: