Sign in to follow this  

what rims for my xr650r supper moto

I went the cheap route and got a used NX250 19" front wheel off Ebay. Bolted right on with larger bearings. Then I mounted some Shinko 705 tires on it and the stock rear. Not quite SM, but close and much cheaper. I also have the EBC 280mm rotor kit.

P2040032.jpg

P2040033.jpg

I bought these used for less than $600 off craigs list. look around and you may find some good deals if your patient. I saw a couple good deals out there when i was looking.

the guy i bought them from had $1200 into them he said.

stock xr650r hubs

excel rims

buchanan spokes

front is a 17"

rear is a 18" (wish it was a 17" for more tire selection but wont complain on the price)

i picked up a 320mm front rotor and adaptor for about $200 but have yet to try it out (been riding more dirt lately)

0117001144a.jpg

+1 for eBay. I bought a brand new set of Excel Rims laced to Excel Pro-Series Hubs that were only used as a store display for $675. They were complete with Shrinko Slicks, new 45T sprocket, wave rear rotor,and 320mm Braking front rotor. I actually wanted street tires, but for this price I think I'll just buy a tire groove cutter and run them until they wear out. For my other bike, I am going to buy a set of cast wheels to convert. This can be done for a few hundred, but it's more of a hassle.

Thanks for the info guys. I like what you guys have done to your bikes looks good. The excel rims new are so much money. Used is the way to go Iam just going wait and find a deal. Thanks