Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Rocket Raceway, D-5 HS series

Hi All,

I've never ran Rocket and wanted to ask those that have what (other than lots of mud) should I expect on the opening day of District 5's hare scramble series March 21st?

Thanks !

i live about 6 miles from rocket raceway at this point we still have about a foot of :thumbsup: snow

I figured as much... I'm north west a few hours.

What's the HS course like?

very rough...but i'm a track whore so dont take my opinion too seriously hahaha....spots of it are cool...but its def a HS course....i'd say its about 6 miles long...maybe! Def go though...i support Mark and Shelly fully and its one of the nicest places to ride be it HS or MX!

I didn't do any of the HS there last year, but they are normally pretty good. The terrain has hills, off-cambers, roots, and some embedded rocks. Its not like Broad mountain or Moonshine. The use the motocross track, grass track and woods. Should be fun.

i think its alot longer then 6 miles. id say its at least 8-10miles now.

but it really depends if there neighors let them run the single track part that is on there land.

i try and upload a full lap for you on viemo some time but here is a little clip from last year.

but in the mean time this is the clip from the single track part that is on there neighbors land . camera was spazing out that day so the video is kind of crappy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJRUf_KJrqU

expect about 1-2miles of really beat rocky track. maybe 3miles of really tight 2nd-3rd gear single track . about 2 miles of mx and grass track. some steep up and down hills. its pretty fun and has alittle bit of everything.

I ran prob 5 harescrambles last year and that one was the funnest and the hardest. Huge hill climbs. People falling all other the hill climbs. It was Sick.

i will try my best to keep the beat stuff out for the two D5 dates @ rocket-- especially the bad rock sections.

are you going to use the neighbors piece of land? you dont have to use the grass track. i hate that section. there is no traction

we are trying to go to rocket next saturday to take a look and see whats up.

i dont know what all property we are able to use just yet.

we are driving up from pittsburgh so this will get real interesting for us as time goes on.

last i heard they still have snow on the track....dont expect to ride it for another few weeks :thumbsup:

i will try my best to keep the beat stuff out for the two D5 dates @ rocket-- especially the bad rock sections.

Aw man... bring on the rock sections !!!

Just a shout out to let you know it's not only a D5 points race but a D7 Gold race as well. Here is the link to the D7 site www.amadistrict7.com/ click on harescrambles for the complete HS Gold schedule. Both D5 and D7 have a pretty full schedule for HS this year so the racing should be pretty good. Think Spring(no snow!)

timbostet, did you make it up to the track over the weekend? Wondering how much snow is still up there and if the race will still be on.

I will ride over tomorrow and a take picture of the track and post it for you

guess that answers that...Mark...Shelly....get out there with some hair dryers or something...i still need to get the new direction down! :banana: