Sign in to follow this  

looking at a bike, need advice

Found a real clean '04 YZ250. It has a few upgrades, low hours and has never been raced. 2 quick questions:

1. How much is this bike worth? They are asking $2300

2. Is not having a title going to be an issue? I am getting a bill of sale...

I am looking at it tomorrow. Hopefully go home with a bike. Its going to be nice to be back riding dirt

thanks

Sounds fair for Canada dollars, But in Washington, not having a title is terrible and I would not touch it. I have no clue for up their though.

Dirt bikes don't have titles. The have a country of origin cert and the bill of sales from the dealer. After that, I believe just a standard bill of sale from the previous owner will suffice.

I only have a title for my 450X because I made it street legal and then the state issued an actual title.

Canada may be different though. I can't comment on that.

Sounds fair for Canada dollars, But in Washington, not having a title is terrible and I would not touch it. I have no clue for up their though.

LOL District of Columbia is Washington DC man i laughed at that 1

i noticed that too! District of Columbia is what D.C. stands for in Washington D.C.:thumbsup:

The price sounds reasonable and a lot of dirt bikes do have titles. I have owned quite a few bikes and they all had titles. All of my friends have bikes and they all have titles. I personally would not buy a bike without a title but that is me.

HAHAha, i misread it for BC.....

Ask the local licensing office if you need a title to buy your offroad permit etc for riding on state land etc.

I'm not too worried about not having a tittle for a dirtbike and it has never kept me from riding at state parks. I would much rather have a bike with a title, but it would not kill the deal for me especially since you cant turn a yz250 into a legal street bike.

Many people like me, have bought their bikes legitimately and over the course of the years simply lost the title. You can still insure it and have a blast on it regardless of whether or not you have it. I would however get a bill of sale for sure.:thumbsup: