Sign in to follow this  

bonehead move need advise.

so i finished my 3x3 and jetting,ran great (this is a new bike to me 2004s)and changed the oil,before i could start bike i was called away.Icome back 3 hrs later and i left bike in prime,gas everywhere,dripping out air cleaner,air box,'tps on the carb. After doing a search, looks like a new oil and at least a oil filter check.What about the little bit of fuel left in the black plastic air chamber after air box that i can still see fuel in thru screen. I can't belive i was this dumb but this happens when you get in a hurry i guess.Thanks people Ed BTW this was all yesterday:bonk:

for shur change the oil and filter ( even if you did not run the bike why chance it ) and clean and re oil filter , get some rags and clean or suck up any remaining fuel in air box

also you may want to pull the spark plug and turn the motor over just to make shur no gas is sitting the cylinder

many TT members have done thise so don't sweat it

for shur change the oil and filter ( even if you did not run the bike why chance it ) and clean and re oil filter , get some rags and clean or suck up any remaining fuel in air box

also you may want to pull the spark plug and turn the motor over just to make shur no gas is sitting the cylinder

many TT members have done thise so don't sweat it

Thats the ticket,,,,,:thumbsup:

Get that contaminated oil out of there ASAP :ride: get fresh in and run the motor to get it circulating, and give it a smell, if it still smells like gas change it again.

If you can't get the fuel out of the airbox/intake try leaning the bike over on its side.

Leaving the petcock on PRIME is a mistake but the results indicate a secondary problem. The float valve is leaking more than it should. It may correct itself or it may need a new "O" ring or a new valve assembly. Keep an eye on it.