Sign in to follow this  

XR or CRF????

I am looking for a used 100 for my wife to ride. and have been wondering. what are the differences are between the XR and the CRF is? mostly is there and engine differences? thanks

They changed plastics to the current shroud style in 2001, and changed the name from XR to CRF in 2004. The 2001-up are about 1/2-3/4 taller, and 1992-are CDI (electronic ignition). Other than that, the engine is basically the same 1979-up. Happy Ridin' :thumbsup:

They changed plastics to the current shroud style in 2001, and changed the name from XR to CRF in 2004. The 2001-up are about 1/2-3/4 taller, and 1992-are CDI (electronic ignition). Other than that, the engine is basically the same 1979-up. Happy Ridin' :thumbsup:

So does the plastic and seat from a crf bolt onto a xr ? what an awesome way to upgrade an xr. (im talking xr and crf 100's)

The mounting points are different from model changes. Some things work but you can't just bolt on 2007 plastic onto a 90 something bike (not gonna work for sure on the 80 somethings without welding new mounting tabs, and even then...)

CRF parts will fit 2001 2002 2003 XRs, that is about it for bolt on. Like noted above you would have to do some choppin'/weldin' to make CRF parts fit the older XRs.

CRF parts will fit 2001 2002 2003 XRs, that is about it for bolt on. Like noted above you would have to do some choppin'/weldin' to make CRF parts fit the older XRs.

So will the plastics from a 04 and up fit on my 02? Maier lists theirs as 04 up and I was told that they would not fit. :thumbsup: