Sign in to follow this  

How does my top end look?

thats not looking so good, you might have to drill holes in the piston for the exhaust bridge, i never did mine but i never had that proble either. you dont want the wear the coating off the cly wall.also you need to take the power valves out and clean them, that is not helping at all. they should be cleaned quite often to keep that top end in good shape.

Not sure how long it has been in there. I have put around 25 hours on it myself.

I think the main problem with the wearing is the previous owner did not drill the holes for the exhaust bridge, as it is a Wiseco piston.

wear by the ex port us caused by alot of WOT use as the heat will slowly wipe the soft piston material, if you get even scaring on both sides then thats caused by to short of a warm up period as the piston expands to quick and cold siezes in the cylinder. Just hit it with some steel wool and slap in a new ring- I run amsoil at 50:1 and make sure the plug is a nice tan under full thorttle

Not sure how long it has been in there. I have put around 25 hours on it myself.

I think the main problem with the wearing is the previous owner did not drill the holes for the exhaust bridge, as it is a Wiseco piston.

I think you just answered your own question. Get that cylinder replated/fixed up, put in a new piston and rings. and enjoy.:thumbsup:

The cylinder looks fine, take a scotch bright pad to it and remove any aluminum/carbon material. Also clean your power valves. I would get it replated next top end though. Drill the holes in the piston. That piston looks pretty clean so I cant get any jetting per say but make sure you are not running it to lean. Good luck!

I'm sending in this top end to Eric Gorr for some work. He is taking .o30 of the cylinder base, reshape/epoxy the transfers and re-milling the squish band on the head.

I'm sending in this top end to Eric Gorr for some work. He is taking .o30 of the cylinder base, reshape/epoxy the transfers and re-milling the squish band on the head.

Let us know how it goes. Next top end I think I am doing the same. :thumbsup: