Sign in to follow this  

PDRacing wish I would have gone sooner!

So I've mainly been a lurker on thumpertalk for quite some time and figured this experience was worth signing up for the membership. Up until this past weekend I have always done a majority of my own work because I never really trusted shops. I've been around racing and bikes for a long enough time to know which guys know there stuff and which guys don't. Thumpertalk is a great resource for solving issues and partly what led me to a place called PDR or Parma Dave Racing. Anyhow after pulling my hair out for months and dealing with a shop that I will leave nameless PDR Racing turned my pessimistic attitude upside down. Now maybe some of you guys have dealt with PDR but this was all new to me. Long story short I had a 2009 Honda CRF250R that I recently rebuilt. Bike ran great for a few weeks Id say 6 7 weeks and then quickly lost power. I looked everywhere I could possibly think with no luck and even broke down and gave the dealer a shot. Dealer did what I expected and disappointed me with the same bs. So I began scouting online for a good local MOTOCROSS mechanic bc if you have ever been to a shop the same guy working on the Harley is also working on you 4 stroke machine that cranks out 13,000+ rpms. Not exactly the guy I want to talk to. He may be knowledgeable but he is not an mx mechanic. So once I found the website it looked legit and I gave this PDRacing a try. I spoke to the guy on the phone and right away I knew this was a guy who had endless knowledge on mx bikes. Well he ended up diagnosing a manufacturer defect in the top piston ring. Yea the stock ring I bought from my supplier was basically a different thickness all the way around so the ring was not sealing properly! Dealer had every solution except the right one of course. While it impressed me it took Dave about 20 mins to diagnose and solve my issue what was even more impressive was the other Jobs he had going. I watched this guy assemble a kx250f motor that was in a box! Literally all the pcs jumbled up while doing some suspension revalving for some serious racers. When I left there I truly felt like I had just rented a few hours time from a factory mechanic to handle my problem and take my worries away! I wasn't paying the Dealer, or the parts guy who knows nothing but acts like you know even less, or the service guy who wont even talk directly to you when hes working on your bike. What I got was better then all that! I got the one of a kind service any motocross rider wants. That is someone who knows mx bikes, who will shoot it to you straight and do the job right the first time and on time. If anyone on here has felt these pains I highly recommend you check it out weather your a local or far from. He is a great full service mx mechanic who can solve your problem. Just google PDR racing or I also know there are some post if your search. If you have a problem you can't solve try PDR.

Has anyone else around here dealt with PDR in that past? Im curious to hear others and there experiences

I have not dealt with him but if you go on pitracer.com he is a very well known and he knows his stuff.

i know alot of pep who go there and ive always heard he does great work i plan on taking my bike soon