Sign in to follow this  

03 yz250f crazy idle fluctuations!!!???

Hey all i finally got my bike started after rebuilding everything and now Its a real pain to start cold but when i finally get it started It either idles normally with really bad hesitation but when i get the revs higher It sits in the midrange area of revving? I think its running lean but all my jets are clean and i plugged my hot start because it was broken. I sprayed the carb all over with wd and the idle did not fluctuate... WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS???

I permanently plugged the hot start so that is out of the equasion, and as for the slide I double checked it and its good I put a dab of grease around the intake manifold to make sure it started good idles fine but as soon as i touch the throttle it dies! Or it sits at a high idle

CAN NO ONE HELP ME?! I just tested the electrical as the manual describes. Is there no way to test if the ecu is fried?

Check your fuel air mixture screw. Also if your checking for leaks dont use WD use Brake clean or Carb clean it will give u a better idea also just plugging the Hot start doesnt always work so look into just replacing it. Cost around 30 dollars. It does not sound like eletrical at all id rule that out. Pull ur plug look at the color of it u want mocha if its white to lean if its dark or wet way to rich. Also Valves the clearance I dont know what u have done to the bike but there are several parts to the equasion

What did you use to clean your carb when you took it apart? Carb cleaner or brake cleaner?