I went riding yesterday. First real ride since breaking it in. The most fun I ever had on a bike! I can't wait to race it. It really does handle well and the power is fantastic.

I recommend you ditch the MX helmet and wear a half helmet for the first few rides if you have one. There is no way to fit such a big smile in an MX helmet!

All right:banana: Way da go!!!!!?

do you use 10 - 40 as recomended or can I use up some 20- 50 I have.

The oil drain bolt is a pain to get to.

I guess I won't be using a torque wrench on that one.

I will get to break it in Sunday.It really shifts smooth.

this is going to be a fun bike .

If anyone near Byron ga. needs a new bike byron Yamaha has a white one not sold yet.

do you use 10 - 40 as recomended or can I use up some 20- 50 I have.

The oil drain bolt is a pain to get to.

I guess I won't be using a torque wrench on that one.

I will get to break it in Sunday.It really shifts smooth.

this is going to be a fun bike .

If anyone near Byron ga. needs a new bike byron Yamaha has a white one not sold yet.

I use the 10-40 cause it supports the temps I ride in. it wouldnt hurt to use the 20-50 ,it just has a lower and higher temp.

You can use a torque wrench but you will need a small tool and I have two of them. One is a 12mm and the other is a 14mm. all they are is a stubby short wrench about 3 inches long and at one end there is a square notch cut in it.

the notch is for a torque wrench to snap in to it(like a extension to a rachet)

Here are the wrench torque adapters.

http://pitposse.com/potowrad.html

Those stubby wrenchs are for tight spaces where a torque wrench wont fit.

I use the 10-40 cause it supports the temps I ride in. it wouldnt hurt to use the 20-50 ,it just has a lower and higher temp.

You can use a torque wrench but you will need a small tool and I have two of them. One is a 12mm and the other is a 14mm. all they are is a stubby short wrench about 3 inches long and at one end there is a square notch cut in it.

Motion Pro makes one with a 12 and 14 on a single wrench. You can pick them up at a lot of on-line stores. They are most often used for 2-stroke cylinder nuts since they are back in areas you can't get the head of a torque wrench.

thanks

20w-50 does not have a lower temperature range than 10w-40. Quite the opposite in fact. 10w-40 is good down to 14 ℉, whereas 20w-50 is not recommended below 40 ℉. Likewise at the high end, 40wt is adequate up to 114 ℉, while 50wt protects up to 125 ℉ or so. In Florida, 20w-50 is probably OK year round, as it would be here. I use 10w-40 October through June, however, as I prefer a lighter oil for it's more rapid circulation, and it really is also adequate for any temperature I'm apt to ride in. The heavier oil in the hotter months I think adds a little more protection for the transmission and the main bearings, so I use it July-September.

When using torque adapters, be sure to attach them at right angles to the torque wrench so that the wrench reads accurately.

20w-50 does not have a lower temperature range than 10w-40. Quite the opposite in fact. 10w-40 is good down to 14 ℉, whereas 20w-50 is not recommended below 40 ℉. Likewise at the high end, 40wt is adequate up to 114 ℉, while 50wt protects up to 125 ℉ or so. In Florida, 20w-50 is probably OK year round, as it would be here. I use 10w-40 October through June, however, as I prefer a lighter oil for it's more rapid circulation, and it really is also adequate for any temperature I'm apt to ride in. The heavier oil in the hotter months I think adds a little more protection for the transmission and the main bearings, so I use it July-September.

When using torque adapters, be sure to attach them at right angles to the torque wrench so that the wrench reads accurately.

thank for the tips I wondered about the adapter

I don't know of a good way to say this, but I never use one for stuff like that. Mine don't fall out, and mine don't strip. ?

It's something you learn.

If you have any experince at all in mechanics you won't strip it.

If you can put a torque wrench on it why not.it can't hurt.

I don't know of a good way to say this, but I never use one for stuff like that. Mine don't fall out, and mine don't strip. ?

It's something you learn.

do you use a torgue wrench on you triple clamp pinch bolts?