Sign in to follow this  

Leftover '05 Beta! Street legal or not?

Was at my local shop today and found out they have a leftover '05 Beta 525rr. They are asking $5500. It has some faded plastic from sitting out, but it is new with no miles.

Interested, but wonder if I can get a plate for it in Oregon? I know the current Beta's are street legal, but not sure about the early models. It has all of the street legal stuff on it (horn, mirrors, blinkers, etc.)

Was at my local shop today and found out they have a leftover '05 Beta 525rr. They are asking $5500. It has some faded plastic from sitting out, but it is new with no miles.

Interested, but wonder if I can get a plate for it in Oregon? I know the current Beta's are street legal, but not sure about the early models. It has all of the street legal stuff on it (horn, mirrors, blinkers, etc.)

If it's got the mirrors & horn etc it's a dualsport right? What does the dealer say? That's a brand new bike for $5500 not bad but I would check if you can get it for less. It is 5 years old. You may want to check on the different years of Beta to see what the differences are . I am not sure how much difference there is from 05 to 10. Maybe you can get it for $5000 and a new set of plastics. Sounds interesting. I love my 09.:thumbsup:

Yeah, maybe you can ask for a lower price? That seems a little high. The 05' Plastic is incredibly brittle and does not flex, rather it cracks.

I think there is a 05' 525 in WA. at a dealership for $4500?

What does the MSO say? If it says "for off-road use only" or something like that, then good luck getting it plated as the DMV will eventually kick it back at you even if they at first don't notice it.

Every state is different, so you have to go with what Oregon says can be plated, and unfortunately they are not one of those states where you can plate just anything like Idaho or Montana.

That said, my bet is that you can get it plated.

I agree that the price it too hight for an bike that is 5 years old even though it is "new".

My other concern is that the bike has been sitting for 5 years with no fluids being run through it. Seems to me that could not be good.

I will check with dealer to see what title says.

When We got my Wife's 05' the MSO had "offroad use only" right at the very bottom of the MSO.

It would of been very easy to cut that portion off although that might be illegal

With Beta's it's the last two letters.

RR = dirt bike

RS = factory dual sport

RMc has the 450 rr for 4999.00 seems to high for 05 I've seen used low hour 08 for 3800.00 before

RMc has the 450 rr for 4999.00 seems to high for 05 I've seen used low hour 08 for 3800.00 before

I'd loved to have seen that. I've been looking and in Ca. the best I've see is

6k for a used 08'.

I'd loved to have seen that. I've been looking and in Ca. the best I've see is

6k for a used 08'.

Beta seems to have concentrated on getting rid of all it's earlier stock. A couple of months ago my dealer was telling me about some older new and very low mileage Beta's from all over for very good prices. Some local guys scored some great deals that were much cheaper than my bike. Just going by looks , the 05 doesn't seem to be much different than the 09 but I am not sure. It's all about timing when you buy . It is always better to buy the year before when the new one's are coming out. Same old story.

My 05 525RR Beta has an Oregon plate. Just renewed it a month ago with no problem.

There was no problem with OR when I bought it new 3 years ago just as the 08's were coming out. Took about 3 months to issue my title.

I bought my 08 450RS off the dealer floor for low 6 OTD.

Brand new no miles no faded plastic.