Sign in to follow this  

Biggest tank for 02-07 CR250?

Hi guys, I noticed IMS and Clarke both sell a 3.7 gallon tank for 00-01 years, but the biggest for newer 02-07 bikes are only 3.1/3.2 gallon sizes. Has anyone fit one of those 3.7 gallon tanks on a 3rd gen frame? or how many miles do you guys get out of your IMS 3.1's, maybe I don't need that big of tank,,

Thanks for the input,

Jared

I just saw this...

I run an IMS tank on my 02...Racing I get about 50 miles to a full tank..Puttzing (sp?) around, I've gotten as much as 65 miles...it all depends on how your on the gas..

I don't mind it...my suspension guy "Pro-Pilot" set the forks up accounting for the larger tank..

Right on man, thanks for the info, I'm watching an IMS on ebay right now :thumbsup: but man it would be nice to have a 3.7 on there....

I bought a tank saddle bag at Pep boys (these are designed for ATV, so the center hole of tank bag is large enough to fit over IMS tank fuel opening ) for $10, bought two 1 qt MSR fuel bottles to put inside each side of the bag. I get 3.6 gals w/ IMS tank when I need the extra reserve. But most of the time, the 3 gal is more than enough for my riding. :thumbsup: