Sign in to follow this  

Tips/tricks for keeping my plastics shiny?

When I got my bike the plastics looked great. There was an oily substance on them which I'm going to guess was to keep them nice. Since then the oil stuff has been washed off and now my plastics are starting to get dull. Any idea of what this stuff could have been?

I don't know what the substance was on your plastic to begin with, but when I want to shine my graphics up, I spray them with Pam cooking spray oil. It works great, and it also helps on mud rides so that the mud doesn't stick to the plastic. I spray it underneath my fenders,and on the bottom of my skid plate before muddy races too! It sounds weird, but it works!

Tory :thumbsup:

I don't know what the substance was on your plastic to begin with, but when I want to shine my graphics up, I spray them with Pam cooking spray oil. It works great, and it also helps on mud rides so that the mud doesn't stick to the plastic. I spray it underneath my fenders,and on the bottom of my skid plate before muddy races too! It sounds weird, but it works!

Tory :thumbsup:

That could've been what it was. it had the same consistency as something like that. My other guess would be that is was some sort of chemical like WD-40.

This is what I use. I coat the entire bike with it, works great.

074660330975?wid=200&hei=200

That's what I have used for years, great shine!

never never never ever! you plastic renew! EVER it costed me 150 in plastics, it makes them DULL like a piece of dryed out freaken wood!:thumbsup::foul:

I scecond this! If you dont do it every time your plastics are trashed..