Sign in to follow this  

Arai VX Pro 3 - Shell Sizes

I know that Arai makes multiple cheek pad sizes and interior padding sizes and some of the shell sizes are the same. Is the shell shared for small & medium and shared for large and extra large, but just different size cheek pads and interior padding?

David

Edited by fitness2go

I believe Arai uses three shell sizes. That's part of the reason that they are more expensive than the second tier helmets.

That's not what I heard, but my source wasn't sure on the particulars. Can anyone in the "know" confirm or deny that?

Yes that is correct. The Arai VX pro 3 does use individual shell sizes for the small, medium and large helmets. That is why you can custom fit the helmets even further with different thickness cheek pads and liner. All this info is available on the Arai website, along with details on build development and processes, such as the reason they dont have any sharp edges anywhere on their helmets. Good reading if you have the time, and clearly demonstrates why their helmets are the best.

:thumbsup:

If you look at their charts, they group the helmets according to Interior Lining Thickness.

XS and S use the same lining (II) only differing in the thickness (XS use the same lining as S, but with a 10mm thickness & S uses the same lining as XS, but with a 7mm thickness).

M and L use the same lining (III) only differing in the thickness (M - 10mm & L - 7mm).

XL and XXL use the same lining (IV) only differing in the thickness (XL - 7mm & XXL - 5mm).

Furthermore, the cheekpads run accodingly:

XS - 35mm

S - 30mm

M - 30mm

L - 25mm

XL - 25mm

XXL - 20mm

That suggests to me that the shell sizes are the same for XS & S, M & L and XL & XXL (3 different shells between the 6 sizes).

Edited by fitness2go

I'm very surprised to read that ! I'm a long Araï user (since 1985) and even with different paddings that i use on my both current Medium Vx Pro3s', before i had Large model (Vx Pro) and It's impossible for me to put a S even with different pads, means thinnest available...