Sign in to follow this  

Kids first bike

Would a 110cc pitbike be ok for a 13 year old ( 5' 6" 100) as a first bike? I can pick one up on CL for $300 or so. Cheap wqy to see if he likes it I was thinking. Any thoughts?

If you like your kid, don't buy the $300 pit bike It will break and maybe hurt him bad, or at least brake down all the time pissing both of you off!

:thumbsup:

I did not think about it like that. Great advise, thanks. Maybe I'll keep my eye open for a late 90's xr100. Probably more reliable just not as fun.

Look for a ttr 125 as another option, or even a xr200 if he is tall enough...

Man, I grew up riding vintages bikes. I had a Can-am 175cc 2 stroke when I was 12. I think a 110 would be perfectly fine. Just make sure it is in good working order. Nothing wrong with a bargain.

I have a 13 year old about the same size and I bought the pit bike for two reasons. 1 to teach him how to use the clutch and get the hang of riding ( which is working out pretty good) and 2 so I can play too.

I have a Chinese pitbike, It's a Pitster X3R. It cost over 2k when it was new. It's a good bike, I let my kids ride it all the time.

I'm just saying a CHEAP pitbike is just that.... CHEAP!