Removing oil seals without damage?

is this possible (especially over the top recess area used to seat the DU Bushing at top of inner tube)?

byte

Yes. Just wrap one layer of electrical tape over the edges of the recess, and remove the seals carefully. No hassles. However, I like to put new seals back on rather than re-using what I take off.

SOLD - Thanks for link.

dumb question - will the new oil seal be stretched too far and beyond it's elastic limit as they are placed over these bullets?

Byte

No. Just make sure you get the right one for your fork size though. Reason I use tape though is that there's always some floating around here, it's dirt cheap, if I lose it all I can pinch some off a neighbour. If I relied on the Motion Pro bullet, then I'd lose it and then wonder what to do and end up using tape anyway! Can also use a sandwich bag over the tube end when putting the new seal on - piece of cake.

SOLD - Thanks for link.

dumb question - will the new oil seal be stretched too far and beyond it's elastic limit as they are placed over these bullets?

Byte

No problem. Nope shouldn't at all. Watch this video on youtube about changing the fork seals. You can see that they use the fork bullet.