Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Question about blaster oil injection. . . Its different really!

Got my wife an 04 blaster and its going to be a week or two before I can build a blockoff plate for the oil pump. My question is this. Can I cut the hose out of the oil tank and block it off with hose clamps and a bolt in the hose? Would it be better to unplug the hose from the carb and plug the fitting with a vacuum hose plug from an autoparts store and empty the oil tank and just let the pump pump air to nowhere? This is only going to be a temp thing till I have time to remove the gear and build a block off plate. We are going riding in 3 or 4 hours and I really want to run it on premix while we are out. Any other way of deleting the injection system for the day? I searched but really didn't see the answer to my question. Thx in advance

Letting the pump operate without oil flowing through it will likely cause the pump to seize, ending your day of riding. You're better off to use the injection system until you can disconnect it properly.

• Like 1

i had an rt180... i just used premix and left the oil tank empty... never was an issue

not a blaster but a yamaha two stroke

atlas is not shrugging.... if he did rand never would have been published :thumbsup: read some chomsky at least hes realistic about shit i love ayn but shes ****ing crazy

atlas is not shrugging.... if he did rand never would have been published :ride: read some chomsky at least hes realistic about shit i love ayn but shes ****ing crazy

.........you commie bastard!....:thumbsup::busted::lol::smirk:

atlas is not shrugging.... if he did rand never would have been published :thumbsup: read some chomsky at least hes realistic about shit i love ayn but shes ****ing crazy
You must have never read Atlas Shrugged, if you can say it's unrealistic. Read it again, and I think you'll agree that there are numerous uncanny parallels between the book and current events. The woman was a prophet.

i absolutely love rand..... brilliant... chomsky has a decent grasp on reality though...

I had a blaster and here is what I did. I disconnected the hose at the oil tank, plugged it and zip tied it to the frame. I disconnected the host going to the carb (on the carb end), plugged it and zip tied it to the frame. Use a vacume plug to cover the port on the carb.

The reason I did it this way: so someone after me could put it back to stock if they ever wanted to. When I plugged both oil lines they had oil in them and so did the pump, so it wasnt running dry, and I never had any problems with them. Even running in the AZ desert at 110 deg. In fact I ran so hard and hot that I blew the piston and cylinder( melted chunks of metal came out the exhaust) and still had no probs with pump

**HOWEVER** DANGER*** You must rejet the carbs!!! If you do not you will run lean and blow the engine!! trust me.

The way the blaster carb is set up, only gas goes through the jets, not the oil. It mixes in the throat of the carb. Without oil comming in you will have more air and the same amount of gas =lean. Also using premix, you now have gas and oil going through the jet so naturally there is less gas going into the cylinder(because some of whats going through the jet is now oil). I ran stock exhaust, cut a larger hole in the top of my air box and went with a .290 to .300 depending on how I was riding.

Most people think the blaster is "way faster" on premix. Its not. People think that because they bock off pump and use premix without jetting. The atv will be faster, because its running lean. Great for a race, bad for your engine.

• Like 1

I had a Blaster and here is what I did. Nothing! It ran just fine for a decade (until I sold it) with the stock injector! I think the stories floating around the net about failed injectors, and mostly urban myth.

Oh, I completely agree. There is no reason at all to change it if every thing is working fine. Even a shop owner (35 years experience) said he has never seen one fail. You just have to make sure you dont run out of oil and that the oil warning light works. The only reason I disconnected mine was the sponge inside the oil tank was disintegrating and going down the lines and clogging the jets in the carb. I could have cleaned out the tank, lines, oil pump and carb, and replaced the sponge. But it was free and quick to disconnect the pump. I did have to go in and rejet the carb so it was kind of a hassle.

If you are having no problems with the pump or oil tank, then you should just leave it alone. It is a bullet proof system in its stock form, and if you are ever out riding and need gas its much easier to find non-mixed gas.