Sign in to follow this  

Cramps

Riding enduros I have been getting cramps in the legs pretty bad at about mile 60. I make sure that I am well hydrated and watch what I eat pretty well. I am in good shape but just cannot narrow down the problem. Any advice would be good. This is new over the last year.

I had the exact same issue when racing enduro at about the 60++ mile mark. This greatly effected my results. I tryed lots of stuff. Of coarse it helps alot to train before and be in shape before a race. I did that and made sure I had pletty of electrolites throughout the race. This helps alot, but theirs still was the issue with fatigue cramping. What I finally figured out that would get me through a entire enduro with out cramping was havings my legs in shape by exercising and being in shape, electrolites with hydration, but most of all was keeping my legs moving from standing to sitting. Never staying in one riding position to long. Especially toward the middle to end of race. I found myself cramping more when I sat down to much. Standing up even when I don't need to. Keeping your legs moving up and down, so their never in the same position to long was key for me. Using this technique has worked for me and now I can get through a race with out cramping. YEAA

A friend of mine suffers from this too. He found that jogging helped. He would jog leading up to an event, then not jog the day before the ride. Between this and hydration his cramping has almost gone away:thumbsup: