Sign in to follow this  

NewYork March Mud & Sno @ WaldenMX 3-13-10!!!

Mark your calanders!!! 03-13-10 WaldenMX Mud & Sno Scrambles is ON!!!

Same classes, same schedule, same weather??? Near 3' of snow there now!!!

Its a run, rain, shine, mud, snow or desert dry. We are going to be open & racing so dress right, prep for whatever Mother Nature is planning & bring a friend!

Open bike! Open quad! Open tire in all classes. Basic safety gear, helmet, gloves, boots.

MX quad rules for tethers, nets, etc... DO NOT APPLY to our cross country events!!!

Pre-registration is a good idea for at least adult bike & quad classes.

A check or MO made to WPMC for $30 mailed to

WaldenMX

c/o Jim Economou

336 Skyline Lakes Dr.

Ringwood, NJ 07456

will secure the 80 spots per session, (kids, bike, quad), first in, first taken!!! I'll post if/when it fills up!

I will again TRY to give an accurate, day before ground report but many already know what that is worth! Use your judgment for tires etc...

Rider #s on decals will be supplied & assigned at sign in and will be applied to the left or right chinbar/side of your helmet. Be ready to be on the line 15 minutes BEFORE the scheduled race times. When the clock hits our start time the flag DROPS!!!

NEW SCHEDULE!!!!

Kids bike/quad classes at 9:00-10-00

Adult bikes, A, B, C at 10:30-12:30

Quad A, B, C at 1:00-3:00

Hope to see everyone there ready to enjoy a day outside, race, just ride, hey come & hang out! Bring the kids out to watch!

SEE YA THERE!

:thumbsup: The thaw has begun!!!

What'll it be? Snow? Mud? Loam??? I'll post up as we get closer & lose more of the white fluff!

Course is marked & we are ready for Saturday, nobody was building an ark in the neighborhood and the ground was surprisingly still covered in snow on 90% of the track. Some ground still frozen, some thawed. I think I will just avoid the weather forcasts till Sunday! :banana:

My prediction, prep for wet, expect a few sweet ruts to cut in the turns & stay on the gas!!! :banana:

Note to riders, the swamp trail is left super wide intentionally this time, stay left after the log crossing and there should be little chance of getting stuck. Even down by the swamp was still solid so it was probably overkill but this is for fun, not to get stuck!!! :banana:

The track is 99% unchanged, the few exceptions are to keep you moving a little faster. The parking lot trees are a bit less super tight turns, more flow.

Looking forward to this one, new T shirt design and we will be handing them out to the top 4 per class minimally so get off the couch TONIGHT & grease your air filter seal, lube the chain & tape your airbox!!!

We are RACING SATURDAY!!! :lol:

Gates open at 8 a.m.

I hate to do it but we are calling it off due to the expected massive rain fall. The parking lot was slick yesterday & by tomorrow morning will probably be a pit of bottomless mud, and getting stuck in the parking lot is no way to start the day at a bike race!!! :banana:

Save the date, 3-20-10 for our Scrambles, & we should be back on regular LONG MOTO schedule again!!!

Stay tuned & man the sump pumps & clean your house gutters!!!