Sign in to follow this  

Has Anyone Rebuild a 97 360 EXC Lately????

Hey All,

It is time to go through my 97 360 exc from the bottom end to the top end. I am having trouble and confussion trying to find an after market piston and crank main bearings. There seems to be plenty of listings for 300's, 380's and 360 Sx's but not much for the 97 360 EXC.

Anyone have any suggestions where I can get a piston specifically for the 97 360 EXC. I saw vertex, I have to call them because thier catalog lists a piston for a 360 96 - 99. They did not make 360 exc's here after 97, hmmm? I also see Wiseco has a 360 SX piston, I have to call and see if it will fit an exc. Not sure what wosner has.

Also, It looks like, per OEM microfiche, the 97 300, 360 and 98 380 all use the same main bearings can anyone confirm this? And are there any suggestions on what/whose bearings to purchase and where?

Any suggestions on brands for complete gasket kits? Is there anything missing from these kits?

Thank you for the help :thumbsup:

The website ktm talk has an oldies but goodies/big bore section and the guys that post there REALLY know their stuff, check it out.