Sign in to follow this  

chile earthquake

im sure there a number of people here on TT with friends and family in chile, we may all want to consider them in our thoughts and even prayers.

my wife was born in rancagua chile, lived there off and on until she was 11.

all of her family other than her mom, dad, and 2 brothers are still there. we have heard from all except her 91 year old grandmother who still lives in an apartment on the second floor by herself.

i know of at LEAST 2 TT members from chile, greatdog9 and a girl named nickel5 who lives in central coast california but her family is all in chile.

im sure there are others, our thoughts are with are chilean friends

I got this email this morning from the US Consulate in Guadalajara.:

United States Consulate General Guadalajara

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO

AS MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS AS POSSIBLE

SUBJECT: Tsunami Warning for Pacific Coast

Date: February 27, 2010

BEGIN TEXT.

Tsunami Warning for Pacific Coast

NOAA’s Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami warning for the Pacific, to include the coast of Mexico, this morning at 7:46 CST as a results of a 8.8 magnitude earthquake off the coast of central Chile. If you or anyone you know is traveling or staying on the Pacific Coast, please be alert and take the appropriate precautions. You can find more information at: www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/?region=1

Looks like there could well be problems up as far as Mexico and the US from this msg ....

they got to grannys place last night she was ok, her window shattered all over her bed while she was in it, but she was fine.

all of our family is fine, but 40 people in my wifes home town were killed, pretty sad for their families