Sign in to follow this  

2010 sxf 450 Trail Bike

Anybody out there use a sxf450 as a trail bike ? 18'' rear ? Large Tank avalible ? Thinkin it would be a great all around bike for trails and track?

Thanks for any input.

Why not get a 450 XCF instead? That bike is purpose build for the use you just described. It has somewhat softer suspension and the 18´rear wheel and a bigger tank.

xc-f is the bike........get a 2009, already has a 5sp and an 18...........prolly the best all around bike made

If you want some real range, take a look at the tank with the integrated shrouds:

5900701370004_mr.jpg

It's UGLY, but holy hellballs, that's a 25L capacity tank! That's 6.6 US gallons!

I'm not sure of the benefits of the 18" rear wheel. I put my 19" though some some ridiculous terrain and never had any issues.

18's are better for pinch flats, hookup, stability, bent rims, bump absorbtion.............mxer's used em up til late 80's i believe.........down side is ruts and wallowy on hardpack and square edges

There's a new 09 450 XC-F at Pro Cycle in St. George, UT. They'll make a good deal on it and they are sweet to work with.

I'm planning on retiring my 250X in a couple of years and demoting the '10 450SX-F to a trail bike. I've only ridden the 450 once but it feels easy to handle and has controllable power.

Should be fun to have a few more cc's in the trails!

Anybody out there use a sxf450 as a trail bike ? 18'' rear ? Large Tank avalible ? Thinkin it would be a great all around bike for trails and track?

Thanks for any input.

I think that exactly decribes a 450 xc-f. I ride the same type of stuff, track and trails. I looked into buying an 09 450xc-f when I found out they are not making that model in '10, just picked one up a brand new one for 2300 off the original sticker. you can find some awesome deals on old stock if you call around.