Sign in to follow this  

07 KX250F compression adjuster question

Hi everyone. Could someone tell me if this compression valve is broken. The nut in the photo cannot be removed due to the shaft it is on spins. I realize I haven't removed the peening yet but it should start to move. Also, when the external adjustment nut is turned all the way out, I can push that nut into the valve a couple of mm. Basically I can't get it apart to check if it is ok. I know this tough to explain, but can someone help.

CheersIMG_0567.jpg

Here ya go!

The photos don't show the piston out of the barrel, but it does come out.

:thumbsup:

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

S5.jpg

S6.jpg

Good thing I asked - not how I thought at all. Am I to understand you just turn the high speed adjuster nut a full turn clockwise and it forces the lower half out? is it normal that with the high speed adjuster fully out (counterclockwise) I can push it in a bit?

Thanks again:cheers:

Good thing I asked - not how I thought at all. Am I to understand you just turn the high speed adjuster nut a full turn clockwise and it forces the lower half out? is it normal that with the high speed adjuster fully out (counterclockwise) I can push it in a bit?

Thanks again:cheers:

Ah...:thumbsup: - yes, and yes.

Watch out for the pin in there as it likes to come flying out sometimes when then two halves pop apart. Just cup the lower half with your other hand and don't let it come springing out.

Ah...:thumbsup: - yes, and yes.

Watch out for the pin in there as it likes to come flying out sometimes when then two halves pop apart. Just cup the lower half with your other hand and don't let it come springing out.

Thanks guys. I wish I have a video sometimes...explaining it can be brutal!

Ok. Got it apart. Should the piece the arrow points to have "float"? It can be pushed in 1-1.5mm. Seams to me that would move under compression, reducing the effect of the high speed. Just curious:thinking:ShockPart2.jpg.