Sign in to follow this  

California APB for Neversurfaced

Mods, please do not move this.

Chili and the 8.8 in Santiago.

Has any of us brothers of So Cal hear if Chad and Family are ok. Please post up if you are a close relation. Chad, if you are able to get word out please let us know. Prayers are with you and your family.

Gary

• Like 1

I hope he's OK. I'm pretty sure he's hundreds of miles from Santiago, but you never know.

Chad???????.................

8.8 is a huge Mother F#cker, even 100 miles isn't that far for that size quake. Thoughts are with you, and yours Chad.

Isn't he pretty far south of the quake though?

Yeah, halfway down the country near the tip of the continent. It would be like CA having a quake and being in Colorado. But you never know, he could have friends there or be in the area on business.

Chad???????

Yo chad? Tsunami warning in Hawaii.

Yah, my brother lives in Hawaii, He is a big wave surfer, knowing him he is paddling out. :ride:

My mom is real worried because he is not returning her calls. :thumbsup:

Ii talkled to 9lives this AM and Chad is pretty far south but we are not sure were he was during the quake. If he was as far south as he usually is he should be ok. He hasn't posted since 1/30/10. Hope to hear from him soon. Good to see all that know him pull together and hope that they are allright.

You "knuckleheads" sure know how to make a guy feel well cared for! :ride:

The family and I are well - in fact I didn't even know about the quake until a friend told me this morning.

We are geographically (and geologically) isolated from everything down here. Even threats of tsunamis don't affect us as we are located on a fjord, not open ocean. Of the two potential natural disasters in Chile (quakes & volcanos) we are too far removed to be effected by either.

Additionally, Santiago is extremely earthquake ready (they're building codes rival ours back in CA) so we don't anticipate suffering any repercussions down here. Most of our supply chain for imported products comes from the ports in Punta Arenas (even farther south), where international freighters dock.

I'm at the bar now watching a bit of the coverage on the news.

Thanks for the concern and the well-wishes.

You guys are the best!! :thumbsup:

Chad

Any concern for Tsunami? Watching the weather channel and it seems as if the surf is UP in Hawaii!!

Good to see you are ok and at the bar.

You can see him!!??? Dude you are good!:thumbsup::ride:

Awesome! Glad to hear you are ok. I myself live in a similar geographic location in the aspect that there are no major natural disasters that seriously effect us besides the occasional forest fire.:thumbsup:

Should have searched first, just sent you a PM. I could not remember where you were. I have been clued to the TV and waiting by the phone. My Son is right in the middle of it. Maybe 20 miles from the epic center. I found out about an hour ago that they are all accounted for, but I have not heard from him yet. There is no power or phones yet. I am sure he is out helping those that need it right now.

Anyways, I'm glad that Chad and his family is far from this and doing well.

CDA

CDA, glad your son and everyone else is OK.I forgot he was over there.

No Worries. I will feel better when he actually gets to a phone and can call home to his mother.

Right on, happy to hear that all our loved ones/friends/acquaintances are in good order. Chad, you owe me a beer or I owe you one. Will get together hopefully when you get back in April. Peace!

Gary

My cousin lives just south of Santiago, apparently he's OK, his wife was in hospital with one of their children and was OK as well, apparently it shook really really hard. Had me very worried until I heard he was OK.

CDA - Just hit you back on the PM with my phone number at the bar - not sure when communications will be back up in that part of the country, but feel free to use me as an intermediary. Glad to help any way I can.

Chad

• Like 1