Sign in to follow this  

Power now system?

Hey guys! Any one got any comments on the power now plus system for the x? Good, bad or other? I desert race in new mexico at about 4500 feet. 167 main, JD red needle, 3rd or 4th clip, air box cut, no screen. Would appreciate any info! thanks!:thumbsup:

I've tried the Boyesen X-wing in back-to-back comparisons of 2 similarly equipped/jetted 450x's and the difference in throttle response was definitely noticeable. I'll probably go ahead and get one, as this x-wing was on my buddy's bike.

Just remember that the Power now, and similar devices, are as they claim: they give 'power now' in relation to where you turn the throttle. Meaning, you get more power with less of a turn of the throttle. This means better throttle response, but not any increase in peak power.

If you jet the bike and adjust and tune the Accelerator pump correctly, you will have more than enough throttle response. Perhaps too much........

Just remember that the Power now, and similar devices, are as they claim: they give 'power now' in relation to where you turn the throttle. Meaning, you get more power with less of a turn of the throttle. This means better throttle response, but not any increase in peak power.

If you jet the bike and adjust and tune the Accelerator pump correctly, you will have more than enough throttle response. Perhaps too much........

I'd agree with that 100%. It felt like exactly that: more responsive, not necessarily more power. And you bring up a good point, some times having it right there, right NOW, may not be such a good thing, particularly if it gets technical. That's why I'm sort of on the fence about it- I do a lot of desert riding, but also a lot of technical rides and mountain single-track.

Rite on guys. Thanks for the input! Some good food for thought! I ride allot of technical also so thats a good point. Does anyone out there have one on their X? If you do, what do you think about it? This forum Rocks!!!!! Thanks!