Sign in to follow this  

how much do you think this would cost?

this is a stupid idea, but I was wondering about it the other day... I know its not going to be cheap, and im not actually planning on doing this, just wondering...

what if you built a bike from the ground up. and by that I dont mean buying a frame, rims, engine, brakes, suspension, electronics and calling it done.

I mean going to a micro fiche and buying EVERY SINGLE TINY INDIVIDUAL PART AVAILABLE!!!

the list of parts would probably be 1000+ parts long, but how much do you guys think it would cost?

my rough estimate is around 15-20,000$?

example: to build a rim I would buy: nipples, spokes, hub, bearings, rim tape, rim lock, tire, sprocket, sprocket bolts, rotor, rotor bolts, etc... not just a prebuilt rim.

I had thought of that also , 2 years ago i tried to figure it out for my 450X and it ended up around $12,000 to build it from scratch , you can buy a new bike a lot cheaper than building one from parts

and i might have missed a few parts , and again that was a few years ago , prices have gone up since then !

That would be stupid to do. Yes, it can be done, but why waste the time and money, just buy one already built for a fraction of the cost.

That would be stupid to do. Yes, it can be done, but why waste the time and money, just buy one already built for a fraction of the cost.

did you even read my post?

let me highlight some of the important parts for you since you obviously dont seem to understand:

this is a stupid idea, but I was wondering about it the other day... I know its not going to be cheap, and im not actually planning on doing this, just wondering...

Rather, it was stupid of me to spend my time on this stupid thread. Vote to delete.

all you had to go was post an estimate, not reword what I had said in the first post.

speaking of waste of time... I just tried what I said, takes WAY longer than what I thought.

I went from a-c in the micro fiche list, had 260 parts and was already up to around 6000$ then the TT store froze :thumbsup:, I did get the engine built though.